Best Offer Price??

nan*55
Community Member

I'm doing some research on some items.Trying to get a feel for price etc. before I list.There are very few of these items and the ones I found that have sold say" best offer accepted",but I can't seem to find the $ amount. Is it possible?

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Best Offer Price??

nope---if they did that then people would know what to offer. if they accepted last time they would accept this time. or maybe if they accepted $15 try $10 and wordk your way up.

If your just going to announce what you would accept as an OFFER why even put that in? Just price it at that level

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

If you click on the item that says best offer accepted it will show

you what the selling price was.

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

If you click on the item that says best offer accepted it will show

you what the selling price was.

it will show the SELLING price but will NOT show what they accepted as an offer! just says--"offer accepted"

if they had something listed as $15 OR best offer and people could find out that they had accepted an offer of $6 WHY would anybody with a brain then offer them anything OVER $6 ?  This is why they do not show what was actually paid when an ofer has been accepted.

In facr since you have 3 attempts at YOUR "best offer" and you know they accepted $6 why not try $4 and go from there you already know that the highest you would pay is $6

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

nan*55
Community Member

Actually it doesn't ,it shows original asking price crossed out.

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

nan*55
Community Member

Yes you are right about that steve.I wasn't thinking about multiple items. Just trying to find a good starting price for some porcelian door pushes I found yesterday.I got a STEAL OF A DEAL 🙂

Message 6 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

They changed this a couple of weeks on the .ca site.

They changed it quite a while ago on .com, but you could still see it on .ca.

Not any more.

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Actually it doesn't ,it shows original asking price crossed out.

Yes it does but if you click on the listing  you will see the selling price.

EX. in this link.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_ipg=25&_sadis=200&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sacat=0&_samihi=&_samilow=&_fpo...

Star weekly  asking price is $497.97

Selling price when you click on the listing is $180.00

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

toby..... how are you getting that?

I could see the selling price until about 2 weeks on .ca but now it just says "best offer price accepted" without the actual offer.

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

toby..... how are you getting that?

I could see the selling price until about 2 weeks on .ca but now it just says "best offer price accepted" without the actual offer.

You have to click on the listing heading.

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Nope......... can't see it .ca or .com

It says Sold For with a line through the asking price.

The actual sold for price doesn't show up the way it a few weeks ago.

Tried it on Fire Fox too.

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

When I click on the listing I see $475 which is the asking price in U.S. $

It's odd how you can see $180.

Actually, I'm amazed that its possible to have an offer accepted that is that much lower than the asking price. I'm not doubting you toby, I'm just saying that I need to look at more best offer listings when I want to buy something!

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Works for me on IE & firefox both.

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Wish I could still see it.........

Completely different subject:  Talking about changes ebay is making......

I thought that sold items which weren't paid for would remain listed until paid for.

That's not happening with my stuff............ or isn't that change in effect yet?

Anyone know?

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Put your curser on the price with the line through it and

go to the left and click on the the title.

Message 15 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Works for me on IE & firefox both.

I guess you're special and we're not.

sighs

😉

Message 16 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Wish I could still see it.........

Completely different subject:  Talking about changes ebay is making......

I thought that sold items which weren't paid for would remain listed until paid for.

That's not happening with my stuff............ or isn't that change in effect yet?

Anyone know?

I'm not sure if it is in effect yet but I believe they said they would roll it out slowly so I'm guessing that it will be for specific listings at first.

Message 17 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Thanks PJ......... now that you mention it I remember that too.

I wonder if the buyer's are going to get some know of warning or what will happen there?

I assume they will or there would be no point in making that change.........

Curious to see if it  makes a difference for better or worse.

Message 18 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Another change they've just made.......... don't know if others have noticed.......

When listing items sellers have the option of putting a counter on when listing.

Now, it looks like ebay is over-riding that and you can see the number of watchers when you put your cursor over the gallery photo ..................

Not sure if it's for all items or just some..........

Message 19 of 62
latest reply

Best Offer Price??

Anyone know?

I asked the "Pinks" about this a couple of Wed. discussions ago, and it seems it will be initiated soon, but not across the board, simply hit and miss for a while I suppose.  I must have been randomly targeted as a "guinea pig" for this new policy earlier in the year, as one of my items (a $250 item!) was still showing up as a live listing after I accepted a buyer's offer but until the buyer paid 4 days later.  I was gnawing on my fingernails over that one.

Although I understand the rationale behind it -- reducing non-payment issues -- I was very worried about buyer backlash and loss of my ability as a seller to give buyers options for payment.  I asked the Pinks if some sort of general warning or announcement would be made to let buyers know they ran the risk of losing their item if they didn't pay immediately.  I was assured there would be an "appropriate" announcement for such a critical policy change.  We'll see...

Using "Immediate Payment Required" doesn't solve the problem for many types of items, as it makes combining shipping a nightmare. 

My personal opinion: eBay is working toward morphing its site into an automated eCommerce platform where sellers are permanently parked on the site (annual store subscriptions), buyers must always pay immediately, sellers have no flexibility in offering payment terms or options, and buyers and sellers have no direct communication. 

Message 20 of 62
latest reply