Blocking buyer because asking question before purchase already answered in

I'm not one of it, but after a year of selling on ebay

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have at times blocked potential bidders for asking the "wrong questions".

First question:  "You list your item at $50.  I am willing to pay you $30, please confirm"

Answer: "Sorry I never accept offers below the starting price" (my listings do not have "Best Offer")

Second question:  "OK - The best I can do then is $35, please confirm"

BLOCKED! 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Strange... I have not finished writing but already posted.

Guess my 3 years old hit the post button 😄

Thanks Pierre for your respond.

Actually I wanted to say that now I understand why some sellers block buyer who asking question like that.

After selling on ebay for a year, most of my high maintanace buyer (who file INR, who open SNAD, who keep on asking discount, who left feedback other tahn positive) were the one who asked question before purchases that already had the answer on the listing.

But most buyers who  inquiry something that I forgot that I put on the listing are nice one.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Apologize for my consitent wrong grammar and spelling 🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When I see an offer to my items or a bid, I usually check out the feedback history of these bidder / potential buyer.  If it looks like they have a track record of abusing feedback (giving neutral/negative for something minor), I cancel their bid / decline their offer and block them. The annoying part for declining an offer though, is that because you have already established communication with them, the blocked buyer can still message you (and they tend to be annoying) via My Message... 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply