Bought an item. Paid with PayPal but seller hasn't accepted payment

The seller is obviously new with only one feedback.

I won the item and immediately paid through paypal. But when I log into paypal, it says the seller hasn't accepted the payment yet.

I've tried sending messages through ebay, but no response.

I emailed them using the email address registered in paypal and it bounces back that it's not a valid email address.

Do I have any options here? I suspect not...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You could try calling Ebay and asking them to contact the seller.  You could also do that with Paypal.  Just make sure that any attempt to contact the seller is through Ebay message system in case the seller decides to try to say that you didn't pay for the item and opens a case against you.  Hope this helps

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

All messages have been sent through ebay and they are in my sent folder.

I really have no confidence that this seller will honor the sale. They are new to ebay and the item I bought was probably sold for a lot less than they were expecting. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The seller isn't normally asked to accept the payment.  When that happens it is usually because the seller has the wrong address in the listing so the payment doesnt go to the right place. The seller may not realize that.  I'm not sure at what point you will get your money back so if I were you, I would phone PayPal and ask them if that's the problem and what to do..

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I contacted ebay, and their suggestion was to just cancel the payment in paypal, which I have done.

I still haven't heard anything from the seller and I suspect I never will.  I sent them one final message and will leave negative feedback shortly.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes that's the best thing you can do. Just leave negative feedback. Seller should contact you, but  they didn't so they deserve negative feedback.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply