Bought an item off ebay, paid on August 15th and still haven't received it.

I live in Montreal,Canada, the seller is in Ohio and I do understand it takes some time; however, I have never waited this long for an item. I sent a message to the seller around September 1st and he told me the item was shipped on August 21st. What is funny is that on his main listings(where he sells his items), he mentions items are shipped 48 hours after payment. He also told me he had a family emergency and that is why he shipped the item 5 days later.This led me sending him another message September 10th and he said, it usually takes 2-5 weeks to receive usually but can go up to 7-8 weeks. 

His feedback is very good, a constant seller possessing 99.9%. However, I am worried to say the least. What should I do? Should I just wait? Also the 45 day deadline to file a non received item dispute is coming up.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi formertechno.. Seller is feeding you garbage. Go immediately to the resolution center in your PayPal account and open the dispute. No refund in a couple of days , escalate to a claim. Do not close for any reason other than receipt of the item. payPal closes on refund.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
As heidilynn stated, your seller is attempting to rip you off by stringing you along until after the dispute deadline expires. You should always open an item not received dispute before the 45 day deadline expires, no matter what line the seller is feeding you.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The seller seems to have very good feedback(99.9%) and is also a Top-rated seller so I am not sure if I should open a dispute. Also, when I sent him that message he told me it takes long because the product can be in duties. However, I have never waited this long for an item before, so it makes me worried. Should I contact him again? And if it does not work out, what are the exact steps I should take? Thanks for the two replies guys.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't know how to be clearer. Forget the seller's history. Time to file and protect your payment is running out.

Go to PP resolution center and open the dispute. Need the transaction ID # which is in the details of the payment made. Copy/paste to the item not received dispute being opened.

Once the dispute is opened , have 20 days to escalate to a claim. Up to you.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply