Bought fake Galaxy S4 phone, no answer from seller

helten77
Community Member

Hi, bought an Galaxy S4 phone on auction. But recently i found out that hte phone is not an S4, looks like one but smaller in size, different processor (same as in the S3 phone), lower resolution on screen, etc. Tried to contact seller but no answer. What to do?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When did you buy it?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi, i bought it over well over 45 days ago, 12th og June, but i just recently started to wonder if it was a original S4 so i can't use the Resolution Center to work it out i guess.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"i just recently started to wonder if it was a original"

"Bought fake Galaxy S4"

???

Is it a fake or are just wondering about it?  Does it work?

Where was it purchased?  How much did you pay in relation to current market value?  New or used?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi, it has th size of an S3 phone but the outer look of an S4. I went to a store and they used a program to check the physical properties of the phone. Screen resolution is only 480x800 (screen size is 4,75", not 5"), the processor seems to be the same as it is in the S3, Internal mem is only 520MB, not 16GB, menues are missing which should be in an original S4 phone (Air view, Air Gesture, S-Health, etc).

I paid 560 Canadian dollars for the phone so it is a little irritating. But it was delivered in "Cardboard" box with Samsung logos, etc so it look original so i guess the seller might have been fooled to?

It workes but i only bought the phone because i wanted an S4 phone. It was purchased form an seller on the Canadian e-bay. New

(It was made in China but it doesn't automatically mean that it should be a fake)

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

$560 is within the $500 to $700 range for most S4 offered on eBay.

Have you tried contacting the seller by telephone?

Since that transaction took place three months ago without you indicating there was anything wrong until now, there is nothing eBay or PayPal can do as they policies require a claim be filed within 45 days.  Even if you paid with a credit card, I doubt the card issuer would contemplate a chargeback after three months for a domestic transaction (they may for an overseas transaction).

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do if the seller refuses to communicate with you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No, i have not tried to call the seller, just sent e-mails to him.

Yes, i know but i just hope that no one else buys anything from him. It's just pi..... me off!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

"i just hope that no one else buys anything from him"

Have you left appropriate feedback to warn other potential buyers?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply