Buyer claims he didn't win auction because he was first bidder

power_batteries
Community Member
A buyer claims that he didn't win an auction because he did not receive a message saying that he was the winning bidder when he bid (he was only told that he was the 'first bidder') and since he did not bid up to my 'Buy Now' price that he did not win the auction. Also told me to check his great feedback rating and that he has spent over $24000 this past month so he should not have to go through with this transaction. (I don't think he realizes that just because his current feedback is 100% doesn't mean that we can't see the negative that he received over 12 months ago. Especially since his feedback is still under 10, meaning that all of his feedback shows up on the first page.) I wonder if he'll go through with the mutual agreement or give me more troubles. (He threatened to 'settle this through ebay' if we couldn't settle this ourselves.) 😄

Oh well, things are a bit slow at work today, so I thought I'd share this funny story with you.

C.G.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I got this reply from a buyer yesterday who did not pay for an item...
"my husband went to jail on saturday and i donot know when he will be out so i apolagize for him and
will have him contact you when he gets out"

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a threat. LOL

Buck
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

power_batteries
Community Member
Maybe he's only in for one of those 3 day stints and they might still pay. 😉 He might even celebrate his release by buying more stuff from you! :^O

C.G.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When they don't want to pay, they won't pay so best thing to do is file the non-paying bidder. Hopefully they won't respond and then you might not get a negative from the dead-beat.

I am revising my listings to "immediate payment". I have had it, there are just too many, it wastes my time and raises my blood pressure.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

power_batteries
Community Member
He agreed to the mutual cancellation. He now claims that he 'knows how to bid' because he has spent over US$24,500 on ebay in November alone. Don't know how someone with a feedback of only 8 (5 positives in the last 12 months, 3 within last 90 days - 1 for a $24,100 car) would try to teach me that his first bid of $46 (he won at $43.99) was not valid (even though he had gotten the notice from ebay that he was the winner or he wouldn't have written me about it) and that I am the one who made the mistake about him winning the auction. :^O Not the brightest bulb on the tree. 😉 Think he made it onto my BBL? 😛

C.G.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply