Buyer error, seller requests sale cancellation, will it effect defect rate?

Hello,

I recently had a new buyer make a few transactions and only 1 out of 3 was correct. According to the new selling ratings starting on August 20, any seller requested cancellations affect your seller score. However, we were in mutual agreement to cancel the access transactions as per buyer's honest mistake. I had chosen the option for cancellation: "buyer made a mistake, etc". Will this still than effect my score or leave it alone if option for cancellation was "buyer's mistake" and buyer agrees to the cancellation?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer error, seller requests sale cancellation, will it effect defect rate?

I looked on my detailed seller report and found I had 12 "cancelled sales" defects in the past year. ALL of them I canceled at buyer request and marked them as "buyer purchased by mistake or changed mind". The latest one was in June and the listing is still available;  it says that I canceled because I indicated the item was no longer available, which I didn't.

I'm assuming the buyers did not reply to the agree-to-cancellation email on these, so eBay is changing the cancel reason.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply