Buyer got message he would have to change the address or ask the seller for an exception

This buyer cannot pay using his address even tho he has made recent purchases successfully. What is an exception and how can I make it? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer got message he would have to change the address or ask the seller for an exception

leb17
Community Member

Hi...not understanding your question fully, need more clarity.

"This buyer cannot pay using his address"

Are you saying that the buyer can not use his/her PP (PayPal) account to pay for the item?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

leb17
Community Member

Hi...not understanding your question fully, need more clarity.

"This buyer cannot pay using his address"

Are you saying that the buyer can not use his/her PP (PayPal) account to pay for the item?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello 'dianek',

If you wish to add a buyer to a list of exemptions, the following link will tell you how:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Depending on the nature of this buyer's difficulty, adding him to your exemption list may or may not solve the problem, but it's a start.

Best of luck. 🙂

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Listings are worldwide so exemption unlikely the issue. Without a clearer picture, its difficult to respond.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, he has paypal and when he tried to pay using that, he got the message he must change delivery location or ask seller for an exception

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am wondering if I were to send him an invoice, rather than him just using the pay now button, if that would resolve the problem?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Is the buyer trying to have the item shipped to a different country than the one his PayPal account is registered in?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Or your listing didn't include shipping to the buyer's location?

Try sending the invoice.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The buyer has the same home address in the States for his Paypal account and the place he wants me to ship the item. And there is a shipping calculator attached to all my items for sale so I don't think that is it. He has asked me to try sending to a friend in Canada that he will be visiting soon and sending an invoice reflecting that address. I will try that and see if that works

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

leb17
Community Member

Hi....Sorry I haven't been back sooner.

Ok, let me understand you and correct me if I am wrong.

You have a US buyer that is having problems paying you do to a address issue.

Is this a new member?

Can you post the item number?

Have you tried using the "Request money" tab in your PP (PayPal) account?

NOTE: It is not in your best interest to send the item other that the address that PP will send you when they do pay.

It sounds more like the buyer has a issue with their PP account and they need to contact PP to resolve.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply