Buyer purchased item Pickup Only and has not picked up the item.

I had a buyer over a month ago purchase an item and pay for it via paypal.  The sale was for pickup only.  Buyer arranged to pick it up on a Saturday but never showed and did not respond to any of my inquiries for a week.  Eventually he contacted me and requested that I give him another week so I waited more than 2 additional weeks and have not heard from the buyer.  It did not concern me to much at first because the buyer paid for the item within hours after his purchase which showed a commitment to complete the transaction.  However considering the required distance the buyer would have to travel to pick the item up, I am a bit concerned the buyer may not pick up the item for another month or two with the way things are looking.   And the reason I sold the item was because I am trying to clean house and I need the space.  Any suggestions.   

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@sussex1000 wrote:

I had a buyer over a month ago purchase an item and pay for it via paypal.  The sale was for pickup only.  Buyer arranged to pick it up on a Saturday but never showed and did not respond to any of my inquiries for a week.  Eventually he contacted me and requested that I give him another week so I waited more than 2 additional weeks and have not heard from the buyer.  It did not concern me to much at first because the buyer paid for the item within hours after his purchase which showed a commitment to complete the transaction.  However considering the required distance the buyer would have to travel to pick the item up, I am a bit concerned the buyer may not pick up the item for another month or two with the way things are looking.   And the reason I sold the item was because I am trying to clean house and I need the space.  Any suggestions.   

Well the upside is that they paid,not nice he didnt pick up when he was spose to and the lack of comunication on his part is kinda strange,just have to wait,i made a transaction awile  back ,the item sat at the post office for pick up for a month before they went and got it stressful,you just never know what someone will do,in your case im sure they will be around someday,not sure how far they have to travel to pick up there item?They just might be so busy that they dont have time?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have the money.

You have the item.

So that's good.

You want the space.

So that's a problem.

Ask if he wants his money back so you can relist it.

Tell him that you will be charging rental for the space( if it is bulky) at $X per day. Not too much but enough to show you are serious.

In future, do NOT accept Paypal for pickup items. This is not the usual reason (with no proof of delivery, such a transaction is open to bogus refund claims).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply