Buyer requirement criteria should include more ...

Since we can set up our buyer requirements using the following criteria ...

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 1 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

... why can't we also automatically include buyers who leave more than their fair share of negative and neutral feedback? And.... the habitual returners.

This may have come up before, but I can't seem to find anything.

The only argument I can think of is that it could make buyers less inclined to buy if they feel they'll be automatically blocked if they leave a deserving bad FB. The occasional deserving negative and neutral is fine enough, but what about those buyers who leave several as per their "feedback left for others" pages.

I'm asking because I sold an item today and immediately received a message with all sorts of demands. Luckily I know what I'm doing, but just the same, I had a look at his FB left others and one page after the other has several negs and neutrals, some of which are clearly overzealous. Scary.

So how 'bout it eBay ... just those who leave more than "the average" whatever that percentage or number is.

Wondering too, what others think.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 1 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s)"

I strongly suggest you use:

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 12 Month(s)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is 100% on sellers who do not report  abusive buyers. eBay has no way of knowing if the negs and neuts are not justified when the seller does not report them.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Pierre. Good tip.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Mr. Elmwood, I do agree they should be reported, but I'm talking of the overzealous buyer feedbacks, buyers who leave several on a regular sort of basis.

EBay must have some sort of stat-taking formula algo. They do or should know when a buyer leaves an above-average number of negative and neutral feedbacks. This would be the trigger.  It's very rare to see several of these on one "feedback left for others" page to the next from individual users. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Policy violations only go up to 6 months.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@vintage*finds wrote:

Policy violations only go up to 6 months.

That is a recent change. It was 12 months not long ago.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 7
latest reply