Buyer will take legal action on me!!

Hello, every power seller:

Last Novemeber, a buyer(from U.S.A) has purchased 3 times in my ebay store in different date, they are total 4 items. I have shipped 3 packages to her.The Canada Post shipping labels were paid and printed on Paypal. After 1 month, she has charged back all 3 payments and claimed on paypal not received all orders. I contacted with her to confirm her address, which is correct, and then I re-sent a new package including all the items through UPS service to her on Dec,18. At the same time, I asked Paypal reviewing this claim, paypal did and returned the money back to my account.
In the early of Jan, this buyer emailed me she didn’t receive the UPS package although the tracking information is “delievered”.
I called Canadian UPS customer service, they said it need receiver claim it to USA UPS. In addition, I emailed her she has lost 4 packages from me, if she lost other mails, the better way is call police. However, she was very angry and said she will take a legal action on me if I don’t refund her money.

Sellers, I have envidences I have shipped 2 times her order total 4 packages to her, paypal also confirmed that, as a seller, I did what I can but how can I do next?
(There are the items which she purchased from me: 400005121785,350121578371(bid with high price),400007051701(bid with high price) and 400007714506, total value is about USD$180.)

Thanks for your time and any suggestion!!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There is zero chance (absolutely zero) that the buyer will begin legal action. It would cost her thousands of $$ and, even if she wins, a court would only award her the basic filing and service fees, meaning she would be "upside down" in the end.

The threat of "legal action" is a common one, albeit seldom followed through with.

I am unclear as to why PP sided with you, unless there was proof of delivery. If UPS also shows proof of delivery, you may have to accept that the buyer is in the wrong, not you.

File a claim with CP for the packages that were allegedly lost.

Then, walk away, forget about it, block her eBay ID and concentrate on the good stuff.

If you ship 4 packages to someone to their correct address and they don't receive them, may I suggest the problem lies on their side?

Cheers
Bernie
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Bernie for your time and reply.
I am still unclear why she choose me and bite me.
Good luck for you and best wishes for you and your business!!
Susan
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

"she will take a legal action on me if I don’t refund her money.:"

Tell her to go ahead.

Nothing will happen. Nothing. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It would cost her thousands of $$

I do not mean to upset rbc5891, however the cost of filing is from tens to hundred of dollars depending which route is taken. The high cost of suing people is in fees to litigators. The transparent case like this one does not even require a lawyer and may be out of the courtroom in 10 minutes. Also the fair cost can be awarded.

The chance she files is low. I'd suggest do nothing and play dead bug. In the rare moment she files, make an offer in writing to refund the money and her filing fees if she withdraws, in even rarer case this gets to court, this will be very positive for you. If you have your proofs and delivery dconfirmations, the odds are on your side.

If she is a scammer, she will not file. If there is someone stealing packages from her, it's unlikely they are stealing just yours and she has to deal with it herself.

Also since she claims non-delivery, you could simply claim insurance on those lost packages, and post office/UPS will investigate. If they just drop it by door, they will pay up. If there is signature, no case.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This lady know how to ebay, she has never sent message through ebay, always go to my email address directly.

Thanks Judy!!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply