Buyers Not Paying! (Waiting/Time)

Just a few weeks ago I had the same issue. Now it has happened again. 1st time, buyer did not read listing. I ship to Can/USA. He was in Germany. I had to wait 4 days to open an unpaid case. Then 4 more days before I could get my fees refunded and relist. There has to be a faster more efficient way for this. Having an item tied up, as well as cash, for over a week is ridiculous! Now, it has been 2 days since this latest issue. I cannot contact buyer. They have not contacted me. 48hrs is more than enough time to pay via Paypal. Not to mention 48hrs is also plenty of time to respond to an unpaid item dispute.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Why not ship to Germany?

Are you blocks set so that other countries cannot buy? It is up to you to block them.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You had almost 24 hours from the time of the last bid till

tha auction ended.

Why didn't you cancel the bids and block the bidder????

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Many people don't notice that you don't ship to their location so to block buyers from other countries, go to:

my ebay

account

buyer requirements (click on show)

check off

Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I do not know what you are talking about

This buyer is from the USA

The item the German purchased was buy it now

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Because it is $50-75usd to ship to Germany and many other countries via Canada Post (tracked and insured)

Even the basic shipping is expensive and I for sure am not going to send something halfway around the world un tracked and uninsured

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

And I just checked my settings

The only people that should be able to see my listings are under North America

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Is there a way to block buyers from purchasing if they have, lets say, 10 feedback or less?

Or even 0

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@*thebigdirty* wrote:

Is there a way to block buyers from purchasing if they have, lets say, 10 feedback or less?

Or even 0

No, you can't block newbies.

Tracked Packet to Germany costs about 42 dollars.

I ship items below 100 dol almost everywhere without tracking and insurance.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Even the basic shipping is expensive and I for sure am not going to send something halfway around the world un tracked and uninsured

Either you explicitly Block bidders from other countries or you have to politely sell them on the  advantage to the buyer of having tracked and insured shipping. Even though tracking and insurance is completely useless to the buyer.
Polish up your copywriter skills.
If an overseas buyer does want something unusual that you have the high cost of shipping will not be a deterrent.

No.
We all started with no feedback.
You can Block bidders with Strikes for Unpaid Items, for violations, for unwanted destinations (again) and you can monitor your bids and cancel any that make you uncomfortable.

The low or zero feedback bidders are more likely to be 'thrillbidding" than scamming. It's the high feedback ones that figure out how to scam.

I don't bother charging for tracked insured shipping on most of my items, even scarce books that are higher priced than the items you sell. But the demographic for electronics is vastly different than that of bookbuyers, philatelists, needlecrafters and deliologists that make up my customer base.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@*thebigdirty* wrote:

And I just checked my settings

The only people that should be able to see my listings are under North America

That is not true. Anyone can see anything. What they cannot do is buy, or bid, if you have set your blocks correctly.

Block countries you do not ship to. Block Paypal accounts in other countries.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Is there a website or page to list trouble buyers and sellers? Specifically 0 feedback etc? I am sure there used to be somewhere.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yeah well my item was $300+. Electronic. No way I am shipping without insurance. Or tracking. And it was 59.50usd to ship it. Buyer wasn't interested. He should brush up on his reading. I know when I buy something I read the ad several times.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@*thebigdirty* wrote:
Yeah well my item was $300+. Electronic. No way I am shipping without insurance. Or tracking. And it was 59.50usd to ship it. Buyer wasn't interested. He should brush up on his reading. I know when I buy something I read the ad several times.

I am finding that with the new eBay mobile site listing format, reading the description is not encouraged.

For example, if I view a listing on an Apple iPad using the eBay Mobile app, the description has to be opened by the buyer.  A potential buyer is shown key details about the item and price and shipping and seller details but has to click to open the description to read it.

If you were using a computer and using the regular eBay site, the top of a listing page is shown with all the details and the Description follows as you scroll down. Now imagine the same listing with no description and  a large bar across the bottom of the page with a drop down arrow to open it. I would think few would open it. Many would assume what they are getting based on the title, price, item specifics shown.

The same happens on the iPhone. A potential buyer has the description not visible until they choose to open it.

With eBay mobile being use for 35% or more of sales, I think the majority do not open the descriptions let alone read them. eBay mobile should not allow a purchase without the description at least being opened.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Is there a website or page to list trouble buyers and sellers? Specifically 0 feedback etc? I am sure there used to be somewhere.

No.
How would a zero feedback bidder get on such a list? He has never completed a transaction.
And any such list would rapidly be filled with mischievous posts. For a non-eBay example, go to the Urban Dictionary site and enter any girl's name. Only do this if you are over 18. It gets nasty.

But yes to trouble buyers.
When you win an Unpaid Item Dispute the deadbeat gets a Strike. These bidders can be automatically Blocked through your Seller Preferences.
In addition you can Block bidders who do not have active PP accounts. These are likely to be newbies.

And remember that most sellers do not use auctions. We list at Fixed Price and protect ourselves with automatic Blocks.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply