CAN SOMEBODY FROM EBAY HELP ME HERE ??? PLEASE !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
English is my second language... so maybe this is why I don't understand some of those changes 😞

I see a lot of sellers getting upset over those changes but eBay is ignoring us 😞 but maybe you could take a few moments and try to explain some things to us?

Why accurate item description is bad? I always thought that it was good if I describe my item accurately 😞 so what is the difference between accurate and very accurate?
Why eBay think that is bad if my customer is satisfied with communicating with me? Again I always thought that if my customer is satisfied I did a good job.

I do my shipping every day... but my ratings are below quickly 😞 should I start shipping 3 or more times a day? Seriously what should I do to be considered very quick ?

And this one I'm not getting at all... if I offer free shipping, why my customers are asked if my shipping charges are reasonable? and if they find free shipping reasonable, why my ratings go down?

I did check in English dictionary, and according to it neural is not the same as negative If you don't believe me you can check it by yourselves... or maybe I was looking in wrong dictionary? please help me understand why neutral is same as negative?

I hope you VIP in eBay will not ignore me...

Kasha

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

tea_past_times
Community Member
Excellent letter Kasha!

Ebay won't be able to help you though because they only speak stupidity!! It's a special language only they understand. They use it in their press releases and on their help boards. It's a lot like what lawyers say, only the words are smaller.
Message 2 of 77
latest reply

English is my second language too and I must have learned it wrong too because I understand "Best Match" to mean "Closest in description" and not "Items listed by our Favored Sellers".

"neutral" is something that even eBay cannot agree on. In their Feedback Forum they state that it has no impact on a seller's rating, yet in their calculation it is bad, bad, bad!!!!
Message 3 of 77
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
"Best Match" to mean "Closest in description" and not "Items listed by our Favored Sellers"

well? will eBay help us understand?

Kasha

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi for_baby_and_you,

I'm happy to respond as best I can.

For your first two questions, "accurate" or "satisified" ratings (which are both a 4 on the DSR scale) are not bad - they are "accurate" and "satisifed", nothing more and nothing less.

eBay does not decide what is a bad or good rating. To determine the current thresholds for things like Powerseller discounts and Best Match search promotion, we looked at all the DSR scores given by buyers since DSRS were introduced. Since the majority of buyers give 5s, the result is that a 4 tends to be a lower score in relation to other scores. That's why our thresholds are generally placed around 4.6.

As to why your shipping time DSR is lower that you'd like it to be, only your buyers can answer that question. You may wish to include information about shipping times in your listings or buyer emails to manage buyer expectations.

The free shipping question is one that's been asked frequently as well. I agree that you would think that free shipping would lead to a 5 on shipping costs, but many times it does not. There are a whole bunch of potential reasons for this - from unexpected handling charges to free shipping for domestic customers only (international customers pay shipping) to vague communication around shipping that leads buyers to mark the seller down in DSRs across the board. Again, I want to emphasize that I am not referring specifically to you in these comments.

In terms of neutrals ...

Neutrals don't have any impact on Feedback Scores, but they do have an impact on your Positive Feedback percentage.

So while your actual score (in your case, it's 3847 right now) would not change, neutrals are now included in the calculation of your Feedback percentage (which is 98.7% in your case).

Positive Feedback percentage used to be calculated as Positive Feedback divided by Positive + Negative Feedback. It's now calculated as Positive Feedback divided by Positive + Neutral + Negative Feedback.

I hope this clarifies. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can provide further information.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 5 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Oh Miriam...I think you probably should have left that alone. I say the following with all due respect...

While I understand that you do not make the decisions around these changes, and I in no way want to shoot the messenger, the party line is just not washing these days and has become even less credible as the effects of these changes are being seen. 😞

I know that you are wise enough to understand that and blowing the eBay propaganda up our butts does little for the credibility of ebay.ca or yourself.

Monique

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
Hello Miriam 🙂
Thank you so much for responding, but you didn't answered any of my questions 😞

Kasha

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Now I know these are strange times on Ebay!!

I totally agree with Monique's last post!!
Message 8 of 77
latest reply

eBay does not decide what is a bad or good rating

Hmmmmm.....Those with "very good" DSR's get a discount and remain PS's......and those with "good" DSR's, which are not "bad" lose their PS status and discounts.

To be bad or not to be bad....that is the question.
Message 9 of 77
latest reply

Or is it.....to be good or not to be good??:|

To be good is not to be bad but to be bad is not to be good...because you can only be good if you are very, very good.

Reminds me of an old nursery rhyme...."When she was good, she was very, very good and when she was bad she was horrid."
Message 10 of 77
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi all,

I can appreciate this is a rotten topic to address and that the "party line" isn't what anyone wants to hear at this point. It's not my intent to blow smoke up anyone's bum (I'm probably not supposed to say stuff like that), and I'm genuinely not trying to do that. I may, however, be telling you things that no one wants to hear right now.

I could go on some more about this, but let me hear from for_baby_and_you. Tell me how I can better address your concerns, and I will do my best to do so.

If at all possible, let's try to make this a constructive conversation. I know there's a ton of anger and frustration out there, but let's put those things aside and communicate. Where I don't know the answer, I will go find it out for you.

Best,

Miriam
Message 11 of 77
latest reply

jeffglobal
Community Member
It sure would be great to have a constructive conversation on here for a change.

Miriam: When will eBay give us sellers something positive to constructively converse about?

If watching sales in our stores slowly decline (in light of BOTH economic factors and radical eBay changes) with a silent smile on our faces is what eBay would like to see, it's just not going to happen.

My store has adapted as best as it can to the changes that eBay has thrust upon us. It's really sad that something that was once so good to it's sellers (from both a fun and financial perspective) continues to dig itself further into a hole via radical and non-sensical change. If there is sense behind these changes, it's clearly not been communicated well to us by eBay, as sellers continue to lack the clarity required to understand how these changes benefit them.

And when you've dug yourself into a hole, the smartest thing anybody can do is to STOP DIGGING!

Miriam: When will eBay be putting down the shovel?

Thanks,
Jeff (eBay: jeffglobal)
Message 12 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
As Judge Judy would say...

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Monique

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi jeffglobal,

No need to keep a silent smile on your face ... but you do need to give me something non-rhetorical to respond to.

I'm looking at your feedback profile and DSRs ... 100% and high marks across the board.

Tell which changes concern you the most, which ones are impacting you and your business the most.

The floor is yours.

Miriam
Message 14 of 77
latest reply

The reply from Miriam is unsatisfactory. Buyers now have the potential to negatively critique our performance as to what they deem to be reasonable or unreasonable shipping charges.

Please help me to understand something. If the shipping costs are clearly stated, explained and noted in the listing and a buyer agrees to win the listing or buy it now, he does so with the full knowledge of what the total final cost will be.

There was a conscious choice made by the buyer to enter into a transaction. Please help me to understand then, why, when full disclosure is made by the seller, the buyer is given the option to leave a score less than 5.0. Sorry, but buyers remorse does not cut it in this case.
Message 15 of 77
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
Tell which changes concern you the most, which ones are impacting you and your business the most

OMG !!!!! did you read any latest topics on this board?

Didn't you notice that a lot of us were on the strike few weeks ago? I think you did because you were very efficient closing all topics about it 😞

Miriam... please don't play st....id with us :_|

YOU (I MEAN EBAY) KNOW WHAT WE WANT !!!!!!!!!

Kasha

Message 16 of 77
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
WE ARE EBAY !!!!!

we work hard... we share our profits with you!!!

STOP treating us like this... one day you going to turn around and have no sellers 😞

I started selling on eBay 4 years ago. It was fun, it was exiting. Now it is not much more than a stress... rules changing all the time... increasing fees... etc...

I don't know why I'm still here?
Maybe I'm still hoping that one day you will come to your senses and start respecting people who wants to work with you...

(All the "you" in this post means eBay)

Kasha

Message 17 of 77
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
miriam@ebay.com I do have a question that has bothered me for some time.

When buyers previously left feedback under the OLD rules- they were led to believe one thing- i.e. that a NEUTRAL would have no impact on a SELLER'S feedback rating.

Was this not then a contractual agreement between eBay, and the buyer at that time?

What gave eBay the LEGAL RIGHT to arbitrarily change/amend this contractual obligation- WITHOUT THE EXPRESS CONSENT OF THAT BUYER?

While eBay may constantly evolve, and serve due notice of pending changes; eBay is certainly not able to suspend contract law, and arbitrarily REWRITE actions taken under a previously valid contract.
Message 18 of 77
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
(((Kasha)))

Deep breaths. This too shall pass.

eBay has made a huge error. Personally I blame John Donahue, whose direction is so radical and just plain dumb that even his predecessor has been selling off her stock while she can still get something for it.

Best Match is NOT working and no one can find what they are looking for. Just try to change a few criteria on your search and you will see how frustrating it is. Every time you try to change ANY of the limiting criteria it defaults to Best Match...whether you have asked it to or not. People are frustrated...not just sellers, but a LOT of buyers too, and sales are down in just about every category. Scammers can now open brand new accounts and be advantaged in search over sellers who have built honest, solid FB for many, many years.

Many long-term exceptional sellers have left or temporarily stopped listing. eBay is propping up it's listing numbers for Wall Street with 500,000 Buy.com listings which are bringing in little or no listing fees due to a deal they struck with them a few months back.

The fact is that eBay will have to do some pretty fancy accounting on their 2nd quarter numbers just to keep from revealing how big a mess Mr. Donahue has created. They won't be able to hold off the flow for long though and I truly believe you will see a roll-back of many of these changes sooner rather than later.

Monique

Message 19 of 77
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
whoscloset- "The fact is that eBay will have to do some pretty fancy accounting on their 2nd quarter numbers just to keep from revealing how big a mess Mr. Donahue has created. They won't be able to hold off the flow for long though and I truly believe you will see a roll-back of many of these changes sooner rather than later."

AGREED !

So- to make money- SHORT eBay STOCK!
It's most likely the best option. And, will probably make far more money than any of our eBay sales!
Message 20 of 77
latest reply