CANADA POST DELAYS ON THE RADIO TODAY

Small business complaining about qoute's invoice and other lettermail goods taking up to 15 business days to arrive domestically  and affecting there businesses ..

They are now saying many business may have to turn to expensive carriers to get the results they need ( NOT GONNA HELP CANADA POST)

In kirkland Lake the local MP now wants to hear from small businesses about there experiences with the new changes ...

yesssssssssssss  I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE banging my head against the wall ..

Here is one example ..We sent 2 Santa letters to our local Post office 9km away from us .. Next day I went in to drop of parcels the store owner said I am writing the Santa letters and will leave them in the back room because if I send them out after i write them they will go to Toronto first and then back to me .. so the normal thing that would have happened before is this

to Ramore 9km away then to Matheson 20km away sorted and back to me another 20km ...

NOW to Ramore 9 km ... Then to Toronto 700km away then back to matheson another 700 km then to me another 20km

That Was 49km and 2-3 days

NOW 1429km give or take and about 2-3 weeks wait time ..

Maybe just maybe canada post will live to regret  this change

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Apparently some delivery routes haven't gone out since before Christmas

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/01/09/canada_post_forces_some_gta_carriers_into_overtime.htm...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

And yet, here in Ottawa, I got one Saturday and one Sunday delivery. Definitely Canada Post because the delivery was mostly flyers.

So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That explains it.

Maybe they are pulling staff off less important areas like Tecumseh and Ramora so they can serve the Ottawa elite 🙂 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I was assuming some of the delay was related to backlog from the chaos of road and airport closures over the past 2 or 3 weeks, and that it would affect all service levels, not just lettermail.  I'm not sure that it's just a local problem to Ontario.  

As an example, the tracking on an Xpresspost item I sent Jan. 7th still shows that it still hasn't even got to Ville St. Laurent yet from Halifax, let alone out of the country.  I estimate it's going to take that parcel 6  or 7 business days to get to its US destination at this rate, whereas the usual time is 3 to 4 days at most. 

Fortunately on that parcel I paid for the upgrade to Xpresspost, expecting weather-related delays.  By comparison, an item I sent by Expedited on Dec. 30th to the US still hasn't been received by the buyer.

I think we're going to find that all services will be slow and unpredictable for the next 2 or 3 weeks until both the Canadian and US postal services clear out the bottleneck caused by all this wretched weather.  I'm including a note to that effect in my "thank you" emails to my buyers now.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Canada Post uses every excuse in the book. If you paid for a service specifically and Canada Post does not deliver in the stated time, request a refund for the mailing fees. That will smarten them up in time.

I wonder what the excuse is for a card mailed from Edmonton , Alberta to Southern Alberta on 12/13 and was delivered Jan 8, 26 days. How can they justify raising rates, having such poor service and not caring. 

Does any one know who we can write to with official complaints re Canada Post over the next couple of months. These increases are absurd and is going to kill a lot of small businesses in Canada.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes it seems it will be hurting alot of small business but it will also hurt Canada post too so maybe they will change something..

I mean I still have x-mas letters shipped 4 weeks ago not received ...

This is not your average Holidays season or bad weather delay this is something only Canada post actually knows ..

All I know is I am going to scrape every dime of Canada post for any late or delayed deliveries...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

rose dee call Canada post and get a refund if it is late ...xxpresspost is gauranteed time ....

Message 8 of 8
latest reply