CAUTION! incorrect postal rates

One of my books was sold to regular buyer from Netherlands and the system displayed THE ONLY option as Canada Post Tracked Packet - International  for $61.38.    item 311741715521

There should be another option  - SMALL PACKET AIR!

I attended Canada Post's site and did not get the option for $61.38  -  I got SMALL PACLET SURFACE and EXPRESS DELIVERY.

Called Canada Post and lovely lady there told me that they have today problems with their site for US and International shipping and she was not able to see even these options that were available to me.

I asked WHY SUCH A PROBLEM IS NOT MENTIONED ON OUR ENTRY to their site???  BIG AND LOUD!

She said it is a good idea and she will pass it to her superiors. 

I am shocked to know that such a problem did not trigger some kind of alarm as yet.

I am passing this news to you, comrades, because what system displays today to your buyers may not be what you have to pay at postal counter tomorrow.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If most shipping labels are made out by employees, most wouldn't care or wouldn't take the extra step to report. Because it's not their money.

And if an occasional person is shipping holiday gifts ,most wouldn't know and would choose between cheap and fast, without realizing that there is a cheap(er) fast service.

So who noticies? YOU!

The small seller who watches that bottom line and knows the services backwards and forwards.

heart

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

But many potential buyers will not consider to purchase or to bid on my item(s) if the system displays only one option which is more expensive. It is not cheap anyway!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There is a problem at the moment with Calculated Shipping tool that sees Tracked Packet being shown as available for items that are too big (dimension-wise) to use the service. I got hit with this last month where ebay sold Tracked Packet to a buyer from France where only Xpresspost could be used. IT cost me an extra $98 to ship that item which I had to pay out of my own pocket. The error has been logged with ebay Canada and has been referred to the Shipping Team. 

I wrote a whole thread about this when it happened. It's also been raised at the Weekly Board Hour.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply