CP manual manifest ~small packet to USA ~~insurance need help please

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
ok ??

I have called Canada Post and asked about shipping uunder 1kg to America has $100.00 insurance . I asked if there is a different code to write on the manifest and if I need to oder any extra supplies . The CP staff said they would call me back ...This is what they wrote

~~~

> I found out a little more info that may help.
>
> The new category for Expedited (in Canada) is packets up to 500g. There is no price list available unless you go on EST to manifest this product. It must be manifested on the Electronic Shipping Tools. A manual manifest is not acceptable. It is product code 967, same as before. It is only on EST that this new product will appear with prices and options. It is exactly the same as other Expedited packages, just a new weight range.
>
> Tracking a parcel - Switzerland. The reason we do not track a parcel to Switzerland until 8 weeks has elapsed is because overseas products are tracked on an "exception" basis. It is very expensive and time consuming to track these parcels. We want to allow 8 weeks to give it enough time to get to Switzerland and then return to Canada (if the poduct cannot be delivered). Once 8 weeks has elapsed, we can submit a claim on a "per item" basis. It is not unusual to pay a claim and then the parcel arrives "return to sender" for whatever reason. Then CPC are faced with getting the funds paid back to us.
>
> Hope I haven't made things more confusing for you.
>
> Marrie Armstrong
> Commercial Services Representative

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They did not even answer the question I asked ...So can anyone tell me

Do i write the same info on the manifest to America...Also CP on the phone told me the insurance was only on packages upto 500g ....I told them that did not make any sense because then packages from 500g to 999g would have no insurance ??

help

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0