CP small packets

katiusciav
Community Member
...so just to clarify, small packets sent international ground (where you get those little white receipts), have no tracking numbers, which mean i can't put a claim in if one gets lost??? i know i can call cp, but i don't feel like sitting on hold for an hour during the christmas holiday hectic time.
i sent a small packet ground to ukraine oct 30, receiver still hasn't received, i don't know if that's 'long' per cp's standards or not, and if i have no recourse with cp, i guess i may have to reimburse buyer, i'm just kind of confused as to when? any feedback/advice appreciated! thanks!
Kat
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

CP small packets

stittsville11
Community Member
Ground to Ukraine. You've still got a few weeks to go yet. You have to wait 75 days to make a claim which you can do with small packet. Sending ground to anywhere but the US is never a good idea because of exactly what you are experiencing.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

CP small packets

sunshine2426
Community Member
I send small packs all the time to the US and don't have any problems. When I do send some overseas it could take up to 2 months. It will eventually get there 🙂 The only place I have problems with are Mexico.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

CP small packets

funkywatch
Community Member
Spend the few extra dollars and use Small Packet Air. Despite everything, they get there over 90% of the time in 2 weeks or less.

To the UK, France or Australia it is often less than a week.

You are also insured for $100. However I do not recommend that method to Brazil. Takes months, but this is not CP's fault.

Eric
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

CP small packets

These small packets are insured, and I recently sent one to the USA Small Packet AIR.

Suppose to be a service of 4 to 10 days, and buyer crying non reciept both 5 days after 10 days after and 30 days after demanding a refund now, even though his package was insured. Even cries "what insurance" when leaving follow up feedback after being told his package was insured and copied and pasted the info from the Canada Post site.

Dont know if anyone has any experience or not with an actual claim on a package like this. The Canada Post site specifically says that no package coverage will be applied without the cooperation of the addressee. This cooperation may be hard to get three months down the road.

The buyer went to paypal claim dispite the insurance, and being assured he could make a claim. So if the buyer does not file out any possible declaration forms maybe I can be out the money anyway maybe.

All i could do is ask paypal to keep the claim as undecided until i could process the claim. Because he was the only buyer of 4 packages sent to 4 reciepiants, to both get back to me so soon crying non reciept and demanding a refund, I highly suspect a false claim.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

CP small packets

The buyer went to paypal claim dispite the insurance, and being assured he could make a claim.

Buyers don't make a claim, the sender files the claim.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

CP small packets

bestshowtime
Community Member
i sent a small packet ground to ukraine oct 30, receiver still hasn't received, i don't know if that's 'long' per cp's standards or not
The big problem can be with Ukrainian custom. Too many custom employee know rules so they simple can still you packet. Sorry, but is true. Remember the worse custom in former USSR is Ukrainian!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

CP small packets

bestshowtime
Community Member
You can send in or receive from former USSR republics any thing but with trucking number and full insurance.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply