CRA Audit complete

This week I received in the mail my official notice from Canada Revenue Agency that my audit resulted in no changes to my profit or loss for years 2008 and 2009.

While no audit is "pleasant" I was pleased that the auditor assigned was not an entry level person, and did his best to comprehend Ebay and online business. Any questions he had about expenses were resolved when I produced paper to support the expenses questioned. Most of the exenses questions related to another business that I operate, operating a taxicab. I had reported all my income, although he apparently did check things sale by sale by sale. When he arrived he has all the information on his laptop that Ebay has been forced to give to CRA.

Now I can just worry about what "improvements" Ebay is going to make to make the site a "better" site fr buyers, and give the gears to sellers in the process

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

CRA Audit complete

"audit resulted in no changes to my profit or loss."

CONGRATULATIONS ! 🙂

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

CRA Audit complete

Congrats also dane.

Must of been quite an ordeal. Honesty always wins out. Of course I'm not suggesting other sellers are being less than honest.

Have always been honest & kept all receipts from the beginning. Should that ever happen to myself i know i will never have any sleepless nights.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

CRA Audit complete

I am amazed at the number of people who will try to skate around declaring income. If it's cash, income can be "buried", but if everything is coming in by Paypal or merchant credit card accounts trying to hide that income is just plain dumb.

My audit was supposed to be for 80 hours. The auditor was provided with a card table as a work place. After 2 days he decided his office would be better. Perhaps he did not like the classical music that I play all day:-). He could not complain about the workplace conditions because it is similar to what I have in 2 of the 3 rooms I have stamps and antiques in.

For those that do get the call from CRA, remember that when you have the intial interview, you have to answer the questions that the auditor asks, but don't add extra information. If a yes or no will do just answer yes or no. If questions are asked during the audit answer them truthfully, but if you don't know the answer just say that you don't know the answer and will have to look for the information so you can anwer.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply