Can I bulk edit tax table for HST?

Hi - I now need to edit about 400 listings to change from the 8% I was charging on Ontario sales to the new 13% HST. I thought I read somewhere that there is a way to do this in bulk edit, but I can't see it. Help anyone?

Also, I started manually doing the edits today and as usual with ebay these days, there is a glitch. I got on live chat and advised them of it as well as writing, but I don't know if anyone will pay any attention.

On my listings, pre-edit, if you clicked on the SEE ALL DETAILS beside where the postage shows, the message said "seller charges 8% Ontario tax". After I changed my preferences to set the tax table at the new 13%, the live help agent told me I had to edit every listing to make sure that the tax table box was checked, then all would be well. After doing the edits, the "more details" does not say 13%HST, instead the message is "Seller charges sales tax in multiple provinces." Close, but no cigar.

I hope that at least it will charge the right amount when Ontario sellers pay using checkout instead of waiting for me to send an invoice!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You need to change your tax table in Site Preferences.

Once that is changed, it will only be applied to new or edited listings. So you bulk edit, but do not need to edit anything, only run through editing and submit.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks - I had hoped that would work, but couldn't get an answer from the agent in live help. He didn't even seem to be aware of the whole change in tax situation.......not good training given to the chat folks. Doesn't surprise me, but I worked in a call center for about 6 months, and anytime there was a change or something new, our group manager double checked that every agent was aware of it and had read the daily notices and messages before starting to take calls.

It is unbelievably frustrating trying to explain to the chat agents about a problem or issue when they seem to have no idea what you are talking about in the first place. First you have to get them to understand what you are asking about, then comes the long wait while they have to check with someone else. My chat yesterday lasted over half an hour for what should have been a quick and simple fix supplied.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll do that now. ttfn, bits.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ujr1867
Community Member
We also found that bulk editing via Turbo lister did not fix this for us. Everything looked fine, until checkout when the customers were still being charged the old rate.

Editing the listings within Ebay itself corrected the problem.

And it's not just Ontario you have to fix. Don't forget us Nova Scotians with pay the highest sales tax rate in North America at 15%. And our friends on the West Coast in BC with their new tax rate as well.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply