Can I list an item as new without tags if it hasn't been worn but it's been washed?

I have a habit of immediately washing all clothes I purchase. After washing this particular item of clothing, I tried it on (didn't actually wear it for more than the purposes of trying it on) and decided I didn't like it as much as I thought I did. The eBay specifics for what constitutes a new or pre-owned item doesn't specify anything about if an item has been washed or not. It really is brand new and I feel I'd be able to get more for it if I could list it as such.

Any opinions?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can I list an item as new without tags if it hasn't been worn but it's been washed?

No, a washed item is not considered new. You can explain in your description that it hasn't been worn but that it has been washed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Trying to get my head around the idea of buying an item without trying it on. Strange.

But no. When you wash a garment you may remove or change stiffening or relax fibres. In addition, improper washing may damage a garment, for example washing pure wool in hot water will shrink it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply