Can't contact seller for a refund and not able to leave feedback for purchase not received

So I purchased a laptop fan on Oct 18 and by Nov 6 I still have not received it.  I contacted the seller who promised to resend me the item.  By December 14 I still have not received that item.  By then I have sent at lease 2 messages to the seller and no reply whatsoever.  I was not able to contact the seller or leave feedback since the both dates have ended.  I gave the seller a chance to fix the problem and now I am at the short end of the stick with no product and money.  Is there something wrong with the system?  I will think twice before buying anything on ebay again in the future.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Can't contact seller for a refund and not able to leave feedback for purchase not received

Make an Item not Received  claim through Paypal.  You have 180 days from date of payment.

If the page tries to shunt you to ebay, look down the bottom, I think it gives the option to continue the claim through Paypal, and it is this you MUST do.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Or go directly to your PP page and file from there.

The PP Resolution Centre is on the left side of the page.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'excelbuyer', 

<< purchased a laptop fan on Oct 18 and by Nov 6 I still have not received it.  . . . seller. . .promised to resend me the item. >>

Let me guess, - you bought it from China.  You have a low feedback score and it is not unusual for sellers 

from that country to not send the item to new users and then delay them with kindly worded emails and empty 

promises about replacements.  The aim is to delay you to where you cannot seek recompense.  

Paypal, however, has recently made that type of behaviour much more difficult.  You have up to 180 days to file a claim

for an Item Not Received, as the others here have explained.  If you wish to see the policy for yourself, it is under 

Section 13.5:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

You will see a link to the Resolution Center you can click on as well.  

<<. . . now I am at the short end of the stick with no product and money. >>

Perhaps not,  not if you file with paypal right away.  If, however, that is of no help to you and you paid with a credit card, 

you can call the 1-800 number on the back of the card (and on your statement) and inquire about a chargeback for 

goods not received.  If this is your intention you will need all the transaction details, statement, emails to seller, and so on 

in front of you when you call.  

<< Is there something wrong with the system?>>

Yes.  It is too loud and pushy about urging people to buy, buy, buy and there is not enough equally obvious direction 

about where to find help and how the system works.  

<< I will think twice before buying anything on ebay again in the future.>>

Thinking isn't necessary, but a bit of reading is.   Almost everyone has run into a scammer when they were new to ebay,

so just to make sure it does not happen to you again, have a look at the following link about what to do when there is 

a problem:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Familiarize yourself with how the system works, how to get restitution if need be, - and you will then be able to shop 

comfortably and safely in a worry-free environment.  

Best wishes. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Make an Item not Received  claim through Paypal.  You have 180 days from date of payment.

If the page tries to shunt you to ebay, look down the bottom, I think it gives the option to continue the claim through Paypal, and it is this you MUST do.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Or go directly to your PP page and file from there.

The PP Resolution Centre is on the left side of the page.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'excelbuyer', 

<< purchased a laptop fan on Oct 18 and by Nov 6 I still have not received it.  . . . seller. . .promised to resend me the item. >>

Let me guess, - you bought it from China.  You have a low feedback score and it is not unusual for sellers 

from that country to not send the item to new users and then delay them with kindly worded emails and empty 

promises about replacements.  The aim is to delay you to where you cannot seek recompense.  

Paypal, however, has recently made that type of behaviour much more difficult.  You have up to 180 days to file a claim

for an Item Not Received, as the others here have explained.  If you wish to see the policy for yourself, it is under 

Section 13.5:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

You will see a link to the Resolution Center you can click on as well.  

<<. . . now I am at the short end of the stick with no product and money. >>

Perhaps not,  not if you file with paypal right away.  If, however, that is of no help to you and you paid with a credit card, 

you can call the 1-800 number on the back of the card (and on your statement) and inquire about a chargeback for 

goods not received.  If this is your intention you will need all the transaction details, statement, emails to seller, and so on 

in front of you when you call.  

<< Is there something wrong with the system?>>

Yes.  It is too loud and pushy about urging people to buy, buy, buy and there is not enough equally obvious direction 

about where to find help and how the system works.  

<< I will think twice before buying anything on ebay again in the future.>>

Thinking isn't necessary, but a bit of reading is.   Almost everyone has run into a scammer when they were new to ebay,

so just to make sure it does not happen to you again, have a look at the following link about what to do when there is 

a problem:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Familiarize yourself with how the system works, how to get restitution if need be, - and you will then be able to shop 

comfortably and safely in a worry-free environment.  

Best wishes. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks everyone for the suggestion and I have submitted a request on the Resolution Center.  Don't know why I have missed that part in the beginning.

BTW, user dmil8030, I have been a Ebay member for over 10 years.  I may not buy a lot during all those years but I have a perfect score and this is the first time a seller has ignored my message that I have to look for recompense.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
latest reply