Can't open this cancel transaction case

Recently I sold and item and the buyer was very slow on paying. I have opted into the automated case filing for late payments. One was filed to this buyer. He did later paid and the case was closed.

Now the buyer wishes to return the item due to sizing. I want to open a cancel transaction case to get my selling fees back and I cant, because a case on this item has already been closed.

Anyone know away around this without having to get on the phone to Ebay. I had this before and phoning has been the only solution. There should be an easier way.

You can't open this cancel transaction case 

Our records indicate a case has already been closed for this transaction.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, you can only open one case per transaction (you can change the nature of the dispute before it closes).

If the buyer is returning the item, no case is necessary.

When it arrives you can refund the amount you believe is just. In this case, that could be only the payment (no refund on shipping charges in either direction) minus a 'restocking charge". Perhaps someone else can guide you on the standards for restocking charges.

Oh, and put the buyer on your Blocked Bidder List.

Has the 60 day feedback period passed?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Have you already refunded? If not, try to cancel once you've done the refund. If that doesn't work, you'll have to phone ebay to get your fees back.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

' Have you already refunded?'

No not yet. The buyer just informed me of the return. I dont understand why Ebay only allows 1 dispute per item. Many things can go wrong in a single transaction.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply