Canada Post Discounts Apply Here

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello PowerSellers,

As you probably are all well aware of now, as a PowerSeller you are eligible for 10-15% off counter rates through Canada Post Shipping. Even higher discounts are available for PowerSellers as you reach higher levels in the PowerSellers program.

Click here for more information on the discounts and how to apply.

Kind Regards,
Darla
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Thanks Darla for posting the information!. Some powersellers have expressed concern over having to set up a 2nd account with Canada Post to receive this discount. I talked to my Canada Post rep today and asked them how this would work.

I was told that since I have an existing account set up with Canada Post, she would look at the arrangement that Ebay has negotiated and if it is a better discount than I am receiving, I would simply be given the better discount to match the Ebay powersellers rate OR the agreement number would change to the Ebay agreement#. Either way a second account with different billing would not be required.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I was basically told the same thing
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I just asked my rep about this. They said that there are no discounts to the US, only Canada. As well the Ebay discount is just a lvl one discount. Also note that staring in Jan there will be a fee to process your manifests manually. I think it is $5. The email is below.

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for the link. Basically, this is introducing Power Sellers, such as yourself, to Canada Post. The discounts that it refers to are essentially what I'm offering. I have attached the level 1 rates so you can have a look. Again, unfortunately, this will only offer you a further discount on items mailed within Canada. Your US rates will remain the same.

As for the Electronic Shipping Tools, I really recommend that you give it a try. You don't have to continue to use them if its something that you don't ike. However, please keep in mind that in January we will be offering a 2%
discount to customers that use EST. EST also offers other benefits; being able to manage your account, ordering supplies on-line and being able to print your barcode labels. In January, there will be a manual processing
fee for customers that submit a manual manifest, so please keep this in mind.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member

"Also note that staring in Jan there will be a fee to process your manifests manually. I think it is $5. The email is below"

This has been going around for the last few years . This will never happen my rep told me . Thier are two many accounts that do not have access to the net.

The 2% discount
Actually you can get that discount right now for the VCD program .If fact your rep has been told by CP to push this discount now too you

You need to print off the ebay page and fax it to your CP Rep . Because thier are discounts too the United States . Remember your Rep generally is not always privy too all the happening of CP . Somtimes they as well need to be informed
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I can't see charging for manual manifests either but I just passsed on what they told me. As well I gave them the link to the ebay page and they said they look at it...still the response of no discounts in the US. They also told me that no mater what there are no discounts on Expedited USA over lvl one. To get anything higher you have to go to Expedited USA commercial. I'm waiting for them to call me back again. Oh the joy.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Quote "They also told me that no mater what there are no discounts on Expedited USA over lvl one. To get anything higher you have to go to Expedited USA commercial. I'm waiting for them to call me back again"

Actually thier is some thruth to what they are saying . The discount Ebay gets for Power Sellers is only Express Post USA and not Expedited or Expedited USA comercial.

And CP is right thier is no other discount over level 1 ...if you are writing the manifest

However I want to inform CP customers . I have level 3 Expedited USA Commercial. If you can believe this , its cheaper to us level 1 small bussiness rate to the USA Expedited with the writen manifest . Then to us my comercail Level 3 VCD program threw Canada Post . It all comes back to hidden fee's . The VCD program Expedited USA Comercial rate charges more ...even after the discount
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
What is the difference between the VCD and EST (Electronic Shipping Tools)?

Ryan
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
When one is using Canada Post EST, they are either using the VCD desktop software that uploads your manifests upon completion, or the web version that allows you to enter your manifest online. Both of these features are est.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I have to admit, I'm totally CLUELESS about any of this. I never even knew until recently that there were discounts, or that you could print stuff on some sort of software. I have no idea what these manifests are. In other words......NOTHING, NADA. It's all Greek to me.

Where do I find a step by step instruction and explanation of all of this? I've looked on the Canada Post site but I get the feeling it "assumes" a certain level of knowledge of the process, and like I said, to me one puts an item in a package, goes to the PO and pays whatever the heck the person behind the counter says. End of story. I see that there is obviously MUCH more that one can do. Where do I learn about all of this? THANKS
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Canada Post know a little but a lot is from just doing . Lables and I are old hats at finding the cheapest to ship and making it faster
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
I was told that I wouldn't get any discounts, since I ship Small Packet to the US. Only rarely do I ship anything over 1kg, and at that point I use my V1 to go Expedited.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All

Thank you for your comments. I have passed them on to Canada Post. It appears that in certain cases your reps have not given you correct information.

With respect to discounts to the U.S., there are discounts available for discounts for Xpresspost USA. I want to ensure that you are getting them as they are available for PowerSellers.

In addition the additional fees that are only for users that submit manual manifests. The PowerSeller program is based on the use of CPC’s Electronic Shipping Tools which means manual manifests are not used, therefore there are no additional fees. However, if you use CPC services outside of this PowerSeller program, they may incur these extra fees.

I hope that clears things up a bit. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind Regards
Darla
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Quote'However, if you use CPC services outside of this PowerSeller program, they may incur these extra fees"

Darla ??
There are extra hidden brokerage fees for items shipped threw CPC's Ground service . However Power Sellers do not get a discount with the ground service .

Also this is very important to note

For exsisting Canada Post accounts . If you apply for the Power Sellers discount . Your old Canada Post account is closed . You lose and terms such as 30 days too pay you had with Canada Post .Once you switch over too the PowerSeller discount . All items must be paid at time of use with your credit card . You will not get terms wil the PowerSellers discount
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello your-chic-shopper

Thanks for providing that further clarification. I will check with Canada Post whether there is a way to get around the terms change.

Kind Regards
Darla
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
"You will not get terms wil the PowerSellers discount " Did your rep tell you this? I havn't checked but my guess is your rep is wrong. I would be very surprised since the agreement# has nothing to do with the billing side and is even handled by a seperate department when you call them.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply