Canada Post Discounts

Someone in a previous thread (about the free CP envelopes) mentioned that they had a level 3 CP discount, and that you should never let CP know that you are a PowerSeller. Why? What happens if they find out, and how do you get a level 3 discount which I assume is better than the limited 5% Venture One discount CP offers?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Canada Post Discounts

shoplineca
Community Member
gezeilstra
I answered your same question in the other thread. You need to ship out a minimum of 4,500 packages per year ovia expedited and/or Express Post.

Small packets and regular mail do not count towards the quota.

You will need to prove to CP that you are already shipping those numbers or close to it before CP will consider you for that level.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

shoplineca
Community Member
The bit about being a Power Seller is that CP operates 2 selling accounts with ebay in competition with the rest of the Power Sellers.

Also, they want to encourage all PSers to have the Venture One card and not a direct account with them, obtaining dicounted levels for pricing.

I wonder what CP's rate is for shipping out the items they sell on eBay?

Malcolm
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

Thanks!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

muminlaw
Community Member
"I wonder what CP's rate is for shipping out the items they sell on eBay?"

I just did a search for seller ID canadapost - they're selling mint product coins and their postage rates ain't cheap but I suppost they're not out of line. For example, international air small packet, under 500 grams, they're charging US$15.00 (actual postage is C$12.20).

Anyone know what their other ID would be?

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

shoplineca
Community Member
Glenda
I will try to find it from my eBay on the Road notes. The other id is used to sell lost merchandise.

Malcolm
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Canada Post is "cpcauction" They have not listed in ages. Did they start using canadapost as a username?
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
I can see that they now use canadapost as an ID. I can just imagine the Ebay "team" at Canada Post. "umm duhhhh I think cpcauction is an easy one to remember"
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

rd1000
Community Member
Boy this really just does not sit well with me. CP is auctioning "lost" goods. If they are "lost" then how can they have them in their hands? I am assuming they are auctioning undeliverable goods. Does that mean these packages are missing both the address AND the return address?

I have had goods lost that have had my return address on them. Any chance those ended up on the auctionblock?

Does anybody have the inside scoop on how they decide what parcels will be opened and auctioned off?

Rob
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

shooger
Community Member
I mailed a package a couple weeks ago, but forgot to finish sealing it. Sure enough, it never arrived. It never came back to me, either (full OR empty). It's just gone. I have little doubt that it's been scooped by some employee who works in the "undeliverable" department. "Say, this one's kind of open... I guess it's undeliverable. Let's have a look what we just won, shall we?" *grumble*
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

shoplineca
Community Member
CP claims that they make every attempt to return the item or deliver the item HOWEVER my son had been working for a DVD membership company where THOUSANDS of DVDs were npt being delivered.

One guy waaaaaay up north emailed them and said that it was taking an average of 10 days to get his DVDs. A freind of his working in the local post office said the Postmaster wold open up the DVDs and watch them, re-seal them in their envelopes and then deliver them.

At least he was more honest than the other postal employees believed to be stealing thousands every month.

RCMP wouldnt get involved (even though this was theft in the tens of thousands of dollars) and CP's own internal investigations turned up nothing (surprise, surprise).

I guess we could see how many DVDs are being sold by CP on eBay.

Malcolm

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of guarantee does Canada Post provide?
A: No guarantee is provided. The merchandise is provided "AS IS". Please see terms and conditions in auction listing.

2. How long has Canada Post been auctioning undeliverable merchandise?
A: Canada Post has been auctioning undeliverable merchandise since 1998.

3. What happens if I see my lost item being auctioned on eBay?
A: Notify Canada Post at canadapost.auctions@canadapost.postescanada.ca . We will remove the item from the auction, provided the bidding has not already closed. We will then contact you and investigate the claim using the current claims procedures.

4. Where can I go if I have further questions regarding Canada Post items on eBay?
A: All customer inquiries must be sent via email to canadapost.auctions@canadapost.postescanada.ca.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post Discounts

niko*_*
Community Member
This is interesting. My woes with post seem to happen in batches. The latest was 10 packages mailed to 10 US buyers on the same day all arrived to their buyers empty - without videos. One was even a box - I dont use boxes!
Message 13 of 13
latest reply