Canada Post Ship and Click Damaged Items

yesterdays***memories4u
Community Member
I recently started using Canada post ship and click, which I find is very convenient, I have never had any problems with items received damaged until now. It like a nightmare, whats going on? anyone else having this problem with Canada Post?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

hw904
Community Member
try to claim insurance....
Last time i used CanadaPost to ship a computer case and the case was completely damaged (not just a crack or something, obviously it has been dropped on to the floor very hard), and i called canadapost to claim insurance, they ask me to send the damaged case to their inspection center. They didn't response after i called few months later and their reason for declining my claim was "Your claim was declined because you didn't pack the package well enough"........CanadaPost sucks!!!!
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, CanadaPOST insurance sucks and their response time is even worse...they have no idea of what customer service is and really do not care about you and/or your customer. Plus their insurance is not really insurance since even if you pay for $1000 of insurance and the item costs you $10 to buy they will only compensate you on what you paid for the item - provided you can produce and invoice.

CanadaPOST is not inline with eBay sellers so your better of using a third party insurance company that will compensate you based on the eBay selling price and not what you paid for the item.

We use a company called DSI Insurance rates are even lower than that of CanadaPOST plus they deal with the buyer directly leaving you to concentrate on selling.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

yesterdays***memories4u
Community Member
Thanks so much I didn't know about a third party insurer I will definitely be looking into this.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

canextrade
Community Member
Concerning the insurance, I charge all my clients mandatory insurance per package that remanis the same regardless the value so in case of damage I send the replacment free of charge. Since we pack our stuff quite well, it is pritty good business (the insurance I mean).
Message 5 of 5
latest reply