Canada Post Shipping Options on eBay.ca for USA and International

Hi, I've been using ebay for a few years and have always found the shipping section of listings and setting rates etc for USA and International very confusing. 

I migrated all of my listings to eBay.ca today and have been editing and tweaking some listings.

There seems to be 2 different shipping/listing views that come up, I'm not sure why some items come up with one look for the listing setup page, and others with a different "more simple look".

On the simpler version (picture attached), it seems that we can only set 2 ship options, one for Canada and the other for US or Worldwide.  So if I want to say offer free freight to Canada and to the US, but calculated for the world I can't.  Same with say different service options - it limits me there.   

So - why do we get 2 different views.

How can we get it so that we can add more shipping options?

Can eBay and Canada post please get together and make the whole process simpler.

As well I've noticed with some of my listings, if USA is selected as the destination buy a buyer, the Zip code box label does not change to Zip Code, and when they enter a zip code, it comes up with an error and says it's not a correct Postal Code...  so seems like a bug in the code somewhere?

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

here is the Zip/Postal code issue:

Untitled 2.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@tixcanada wrote:

There seems to be 2 different shipping/listing views that come up, I'm not sure why some items come up with one look for the listing setup page, and others with a different "more simple look".

On the simpler version (picture attached), it seems that we can only set 2 ship options, one for Canada and the other for US or Worldwide.  So if I want to say offer free freight to Canada and to the US, but calculated for the world I can't.  Same with say different service options - it limits me there.   

As well I've noticed with some of my listings, if USA is selected as the destination buy a buyer, the Zip code box label does not change to Zip Code, and when they enter a zip code, it comes up with an error and says it's not a correct Postal Code...  so seems like a bug in the code somewhere?

There are 2 Selling Forms, the simple one and the Advanced Selling Form. I always use the the advanced form, so can't comment on the simple one. There is a way to switch to the advanced form (but I don't know how).

The advanced form allows up to 5 choices for USA and the rest of the world.

Some Canada Post shipping choices are ONLY available for the USA and can't be used for the rest world. And vice versa. For example,  International Parcel - Surface can't be used for the USA, it could be used for the rest of the world but that's usually not recommended because of shipping times.

I'd recommend only using the advanced form. It's usually best to handle the USA separately when it comes to shipping. For "Ship to" select "Choose custom location" and pick the countries. So to set up a shipping choice only for the United States just mark USA and select a Canada Post USA service choice. Then set up shipping choices for the rest of the world (or just selected parts of the world).

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The link to change from the simple to advanced form is on the top right of the listing page.

As Dennis mentioned, there is no such service as International surface to the U.S. which is why the calculator can't give a price in the screenshot that you posted. I'm not sure if that is the problem with the other items that you've listed that are not showing a shipping cost for the U.S. and for other countries.  The calculator will not tell you if the service is wrong and/or if the dimensions for that service are wrong. It shows all problems as a postal code/zip code error. That's why it is important to do some research and know which services to use. For the U.S. the service will always include 'USA'.  For other countries the term 'international' will be used however, not all international services go to all international countries.

Everyone has a different risk level but you might want to consider using small packet USA and small packet international  (no tracking or insurance) for your less expensive items. If tracking is important, Tracked packet might work for you in some cases too as it is less expensive than expedited. The maximum for the U.S. is 1 kg and 2kg for other countries. Not all countries have tracked packet.

If you are having a problem with expedited parcel USA prices showing up, the problem could be that the dimensions of the package are too small. The minimum dimensions for expedited USA are larger than the min. dimensions for Canada expedited.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ok, I must be seeing something different as there is no advanced button that I can see?  Screen shot attached.

I'll check over the international vs USA shipping things, makes sense, and I'm guessing that in the migration or over time as things were added different things got listed differently.  Most of my stuff is a little bigger and requires tracking so I think the USA and International Parcel will make the most sense if size requires it.

For some of my listings I'm going to have to be able to access the advanced settings somehow to edit the shipping stuff to add or change more options though.

Untitled 2.jpg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That is an active listing? You can't switch between forms when a listing is active.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply