Canada Post-eBay Flat Rate Box With Special Introductory Rates

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200805.shtml#2008-05-08140317

Look that the big difference, hold on I will be back need to goto the washroom. Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Well you are one of the few sellers who might actually be able to use this "thing", I don't know what a 14cm stack of comics weighs.

Centralmetal guy might find a use for it if he gets large orders for his "dirt".

For the rest of us it's pretty much useless.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

acofa
Community Member
"We are very excited about this new product, which will make selling on eBay and shipping to buyers easier, quicker and more convenient"
ha-ha-ha :^O
Message 3 of 40
latest reply

I dont find a big saving on the shipping..gimme something to compete with US sellers! Thanks.

Sukh
(Dream About Comics)

Thanks.

Sukh
(IComic.ca)

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

laurahowes
Community Member
I couldn't think of anything more useless! MAYBE if they didn't charge the handling fee...
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

fenian
Community Member
Way, way too big for anything I sell. I'd like to see a range of sizes - e.g. a lot smaller, with correspondingly lower shipping prices. I would also like to see a media mail rate in Canada.........and lower oil prices, world peace and my next lottery ticket being worth a million. As if any of this is going to happen............
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Regional Expedited parcel in Ontario (ON, QC) is between $6.79-$9.07 (zones 7-23) for first 0.75kg and $8.98-$12.82 for 4kg, so savings might be negligible or none. Flat rate seems to be good for shipping 4kg to zones 11+ or 0.75kg to zones 33+. Most of my regional customers are in zones 13 and below ...

Due to the nature of my goods, for us is better to get a regional/national Xpresspost flat rate envelopes as they are similar price as the announced services and we would rarely need need 5kg.

I would much more appreciate if it was possible to track lettermail and small packets. Lettermail is always sorted electronically and I have no problems adding barcode to the parcel myself, so what is the extra cost to CP doing that???
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

The question I would like to know is who is charging the $1.95 for the 3 measly boxes, eBaY, CanadaPOST or both.

Whats with the 3 box price anyway how about a 10box rate or even better a 5 box rate no the gods realized that a 3 box rate would be most benefical to their fat pockets.

In the states USPS give the boxes for FREE here in Canada we have to dish our 65cents per box for the pleasure of get a flat rate.

LOL - what a bunch of clowns - how stupid do they think we are - their flat rate box will only be useful if you ship over 5lbs otherwise your paying too much.
Message 8 of 40
latest reply

:_| another let down - thanks for nothing Ira and Gang - another failure on the part of your team to do anything worthwhile for Canadian sellers your sellers.

Might as well have set the box measurements at 50"x45"x25" for all the good its going to do. The introductory rates should be the final rates and not the 17.99 + 0.65Cents you clowns want to charge.

Take you FLAT BOX and -- I think you get the picture if not for $1.95 I can send you three pictures.
Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

What is the "ebay shipping tool"? Is this new or are they talking about the "paypal shipping tool"?

Andrew
Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Another useless offering by eBay. Certainly no one is surprised?!?
Useless box size, rates that are of no savings over what we get now, we have to pay for the shipping to get them here (3 boxes per shipping & handling charge- who came up with that number? - are you freakin' kidding?) plus a price increase for those 1 or 2 sellers out of a thousand that can actually use these BS boxes. Nice try...... but hey, we are getting used to it.
Message 12 of 40
latest reply

sunnyvoip
Community Member
When ebay can do something real beneficial for their real customer (sellers)??? I hate these crap ebay created for nobody.
latest reply

Just another useless, too expensive waste of time promo from the eBay/Paypal/Canada Post monopoly. They even have the nerve to charge us shipping and handling!! Nice try.

AXE
Message 14 of 40
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
This service would cost us much more than we currently pay to ship a cup and saucer to the USA. It's of no use to us.
Message 15 of 40
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Useless
Message 16 of 40
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
It's of no use
Message 17 of 40
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
It's Useless
Message 18 of 40
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Even the chat board does not work. None of my posts are showing up today.
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

If CanadaPost was to give away the boxes, people would be grabbing them for whatever purpose they need and not for shipping with CanadaPost. That's why they decided to charge S/H. I pay 70c for a 1/4 mailer to Uline, so it's still a decent price for 3 boxes even if you would not use them for flat rate purpose but buy regular expedited parcel or small packet service.

Useless box size

I disagree, the box size 8.5 x 11" will fit magazines and many small products, I would consider USPS cube size quite less useful than this.

However, the pricing could have been better. I understand CanadaPost is less flexible unionized over-bureacratic corporation with 50k employees, so someone has to pay their wages. Until they restructulize, we will not see any pricing slash.

All in all, this service is comparable to existing services, no better, no worse. It has it's advantages for both shippers and CanadaPost and disadvantages too. I will use it where appropriate, but it's definitely not a "Horay!" type of thing.
Message 20 of 40
latest reply