Canada Post has now implemented RATE ZONES on Small Packet Service

As of today, Canada Post has implemented RATE ZONE pricing on International Small Packet Service.

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/pg/prices/CPinter-e.asp

Since over 80% of our shipments are via small packet, and over 50% of them are International - this is a BIG drag.

for example on a 450G package rates vary from $29.20 to $31.00 for AIRMAIL
and on a 1.5KG package they vary from $45.60 to $48.40.

so, do I quote prices in my listings based on the top rate for p&p or... do I amend all 1000+ of my listings to reflect DIFFERENT ship charges to different "rate zones" and list every frigging country in each "rate zone".

Thanks CPC. sigh.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Heh -heh! You found that out the hard way this morning too, did ya?

I just did about an hour ago...

I will do as I do on parcel shipments within Canada. I add lowest and highest together and go 70% of that rate. On average, I have been fine that way and am sure that for International, I will be fine as well.

If not, I'll just adjust as we go.

Almost impossible to quote for every region as ebay does not have enough spaces for that.

You could also use their on-line calculator on your listings but, in my opinion, customers want a clear picture of what they will pay, not some self-calculation, which they don't really know if it is correct or not.

Don't sweat the small stuff as we are not really talking much money here. Adding 5-10 to actual shipping cost I deem to be perfectly acceptable and my customers don't seem to have a problem with it either.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It's pretty simple really, 90% of your shipments will be going to the highest zones (mostly 5 & 6 I think), the differences are tiny anyway, just use the highest rate zone and go from there.

If you really want to adjust all those packages you're sending to the Jamaica and Mexico you can refund the 15 cent difference.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply