Canada Post

I honestly believe this should be a headline.

Canda Post Kills Ebay

anyone else feeling that way?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Canada Post

Why?

eBay is a small fraction of the mail order business in Canada.

Most eBay purchases by Canadian buyers are from American sellers who generally use USPS (nothing to do with Canada Post).

Finally, all Canadian sellers using the postal system to ship their goods face the same costs. 

If your items are worth selling online, the recently announced postal fee increases should not have that much of an influence.

Looking at your recently completed listings, a large percentage went unsold.  The postal fee increase will not change that.

eBay will continue to do just fine after the postal rate increases go into effect.  In Canada and internationally.

Most sellers and buyers will adjust.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Canada Post

A poster recently pointed out that the recent increase in postal rates (the bulk of which have not yet kicked in) was nicely offset by the drop in the Canadian dollar.

That means that the item I used to buy for $1.05 US  now costs me $0.88 US. While the shipping that cost me $4 US now costs me $4x1.03 =$4.12 USD.

Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...-- Jayne Cobb

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Canada Post

I believe Canada post rate will only affect Canadian sellers who sell the buck or 2 items ... Other then that It is just another year and will be another be increase next year and the year after ..

The only thing that could affect Ebays bottom line is big increase to USPS and carriers in the US ...

Ebay Can basically lose 100% of Canadians and still be making Millions so it is not going to be AN EBAY KILLER..

I get what your saying though it is getting costly to ship things these days ..

My Personal opinion is Canada post could Add a Trackable with no insurance shipping method for a very low low cost and it would just be fantastic ...

Something like add $2 to Lettermail rate and get tracking with it or same for Light packet ....

The insurance offering is what cost Canada post .. Scanning parcels cost very little money for them as they have everything in place for this already all it would be is a barcode to scan plain and simple

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Canada Post

yes I do have allot of items that do not sell RIGHT AWAY it takes time for people to find an the item, I relist an item and it often sells. I think my items are interesting but not always ones that sell right away. I do get allot complaints about shipping costs. Esp from Americans, also the fact that breakable items are not insurable (sure loss in insured) Yes I do pack well, so although it may look like allot items go unsold if you follow up over a while you will see it does sell later on.

Perhaps I should have an ebay store where the stuff sits in it for sale.

I shall look at that.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply