Canada post drops the box and Customer Service becomes unable to assit in anyway

January we had contact a friendly fellow from the Salt lake city office about our accounts Power seller status, he had told us that a review would be happening on January 20th, and barring any bad feedback it should be restored.

So here it is the 24th of February and still no power seller status so we decided to call customer service at 1:30pm after lunch.

We got a nice gentleman from Salt Lake city again, who was in the process of addressing our problem unfortunately I got cut off so I redialed and got a terse individual from the Philippines who refused to even admit that she was from there?

I had asked to be reconnected to the Salt lake city office and she REFUSED! to cooperate and so began a three hour saga of being placed on hold and having to retell my name and id some ten times.  I finally realized that it was easier to just hang up and redial (at your cost Ebay), till I finally got a Salt lake city representative, GET WITH IT EBAY, IT IS THE LAW that if a North American (US or Canada) request a customer service rep from North America it has to be honored!  Please inform your out sourced labor that they must comply with this legislation!.

A disappointed seller of over tens years with a 100% rating, that has now been told (after four hours on the phone from Canada to Philippines at your cost) only to be told that definitely after the March 20th review our power seller status will have been restored.

All of this trouble from a few packages that were damaged by the post office, an issue completely and clearly outside of our control even though we replaced the items at our cost to the customers involved!

Perhaps Ebay should remember it is the Sellers that the buyer actually come here for?

Marcia

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Canada post drops the box and Customer Service becomes unable to assit in anyway

Sorry to hear about your problems but you aren't going to get your status back any quicker by posting the identical post in each forum.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

All of this trouble from a few packages that were damaged by the post office, an issue completely and clearly outside of our control

That is not true. The shipping agent is a contractor of yours. Under law, the parcel is under your control until the customer receives it.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@rokzone wrote:

January we had contact a friendly fellow from the Salt lake city office about our accounts Power seller status, he had told us that a review would be happening on January 20th, and barring any bad feedback it should be restored.

So here it is the 24th of February and still no power seller status so we decided to call customer service at 1:30pm after lunch.

We got a nice gentleman from Salt Lake city again, who was in the process of addressing our problem unfortunately I got cut off so I redialed and got a terse individual from the Philippines who refused to even admit that she was from there?

I had asked to be reconnected to the Salt lake city office and she REFUSED! to cooperate and so began a three hour saga of being placed on hold and having to retell my name and id some ten times.  I finally realized that it was easier to just hang up and redial (at your cost Ebay), till I finally got a Salt lake city representative, GET WITH IT EBAY, IT IS THE LAW that if a North American (US or Canada) request a customer service rep from North America it has to be honored!  Please inform your out sourced labor that they must comply with this legislation!.

Marcia

There is no such law. It is an urban myth that was spread by email in the past 5-10 years.

Read here

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/servicerep.asp

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If they pay a carrier for insurance that puts the responsibility of the condition of item in Carrier hands ..

Seller is still responsible to buyer but carrier is responsible to Seller..

Either way I thnk the meant they did not damage they just had to deal with the issue that came after the carrier damaged the goods.

I feel bad that you even called ebay that sucks and so does there phone service

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Seller is still responsible to buyer but carrier is responsible to Seller..

So the issue of damage should have been dealt with by Canada Post who in turn would deal with any other postal systems.

Generally, problems with damage in shipping , unless the postal terminal burns down or the package falls into a deep puddle. are problems with packaging. And that comes back on the seller's packing skills.

With the highly mechanized postal terminals, any package should be able to withstand having a 50 lb parcel land on it after a two foot drop from one conveyor belt to another.  A kleenex box and a fragile sticker are not enough.

Yeah, grenades cost extra. -- Jayne Cobb

Message 6 of 6
latest reply