Canada post letting me down here

Had about 7 parcels Wrecked.. Cases smashed and mailers look like they were chewed on .. unreal .. Of course I sent all new parcels..

I ship light parcels in poly mailers and medium to heavy in bubble mailers and with really 0 difference in damage.. a bubble mailer offer 0 extra protection when your talking about cases being crushed.. Maybe if the item was scratched i could understand bubble mailers being better but if i step on it doesn't matter what envelope is on it ...

I want to permantly use bubble mailers as it gives customers a false satisfaction which is good even though in my case it doesn't really offer any more protection.. My issue is for item under 100 Grams using a bubble mailer would bring postage cost up $1 and 30 cents for the mailer costing the buyer $1.30 extra and when were talking about an item that Cost $6 nobody want to pay that extra amount... ..

Anyways Canada Post I don't like you today

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

"using a bubble mailer would bring postage cost up $1 and 30 cents for the mailer costing the buyer $1.30 extra"

I am a bit confused (it happens more regularly as I get older 😞 ).

How exactly do you arrive at an extra $1.30 ?

Canadian buyers?

American buyers?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Well It's not exactly $1.30

Poly Mailer Cost 3 cents

bubble mailer 27-32 cents average it to 30 cents

Cost difference 27 cents round it off to 30

bubble mailer bring the weight from under 100grams $1.51

making it 100-200grams $2.49

Difference of 98 cents

total difference $1.25

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Canadian buyers...

US buyers it can make a difference of $2.81 cents if it makes the weight go above 100 grams and the cost difference in mailers

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

OK - you are looking at shipping within Canada.

The difference between "Other Lettermail" under 100g ($1.34) and above 200g ($2.20) is $0.86

Since you are GST/HST registered, the HST charged to you should not be counted since you are getting 100% of it refunded as Input Tax Credit (ITC).

The difference for shipment to the USA is more substantial.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Good call ... Seriously though I know 0 about running a business my accountant wants to kill me right now .... My reply to him was I am gold mill operator I don't what I'm doing .. I actually figured everything out thanks to you but sometimes like right now I forgot all about me writing off the shipping which I have and I do I just forgot ....

My accountant made me a spread sheet to live and die by before he kills me LOL

I am a Welder by trade and a gold mill operator by profession and here I sit running a movie business... sometimes I wonder

I won my fight to keep my business after the second kid to ..yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .. 20% of all profits have to go into my kids education that was the deal ....

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Brande,

Sorry to hear about the CP screw up.

I just wanted to say.. 20% of profits may seem like a lot to put aside, but believe me, when it's time for the kid to go to post secondary school, you're going to be happy you have that money put aside.

I'm paying ~$9600 tuition + ~$1000 textbooks per YEAR. My parents had no money put aside for me to pay for school (they didn't think I'd make it), and I obviously don't have that kind of money. I'm working 3 jobs, running this ebay thing, and going to school 5 days a week. Long story short, get most of your child's tuition paid off early. You and your wife will be happy you did.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Brandeertetaiment said:

Poly Mailer Cost 3 cents

Can you tell me where to buy at that cost. I have never got that cheap.

Always more than 20 cent each.

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Lettermail within Canada is GST to all provinces, for all provinces 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

My mistake..

My GST comment is wrong, wrong, wrong....

Message 10 of 10
latest reply