Canadian Road trip

catseye*
Community Member
Any news on when the Road Trip will be in Vancouver? I'm soooo looking forward to it!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Canadian Road trip

deltone
Community Member
What is the Road trip to Vancouver? Never heard of it!
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

catseye*
Community Member
Look right...see that moose with the words 'on the road' above his head??

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

deltone
Community Member
OY!!!! Sorry about that!! I tend to "look, but not see". LOL Thanks!!
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

deltone
Community Member
Wow, I find it extremely hard to believe that they don't have Toronto on there!! What is with that?????
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

muminlaw
Community Member
Catseye - you know as well as anyone else in the country! Canada ends at the Rockies!! If they do make it as far as the coast, I'll hop a ferry and meet you in Vancouver.

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

catseye*
Community Member
Glenda, where are you? Vancouver Island, sunshine coast, gulf islands??

They might go to Victoria, you never know. Last I heard the road show was estimating late October for Vancouver, but I can't seem to get any further than that.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

muminlaw
Community Member
Victoria here. I grew up in Surrey, spent the first 20 years of our married life in Coquitlam, fighting that mainland traffic, but always loved the Island. Moved here 25 years ago and we've never regretted it. More sunshine - 2/3 of the rain!

If they come to Victoria, YOU can hop the ferry, but I'm betting on Vancouver -- Victoria's too small. Although ... they did go to Regina, didn't they?!!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

I'm in London, Ontario - also disappointed that there is no stop in Southern Ontario. Why Ottawa AND Kingston but not Toronto or Windsor? Moira?
Ann
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

daot
Community Member
I live in Port Moody BC - just a hop, skip and a jump to Vancouver. Sure hope they add us to the list.
Maybe a 'pretty please' would help!! LOL
Shelley
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

catseye*
Community Member
Hey, Shelly...maybe we should car-pool! I'm in PM also!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

firedept10
Community Member
I was at the road trip when it came to Edmonton. Now I am in no way putting it down and did enjoy myself but it was at a level well below PS's. It really was for beginners. There was only two of us PS,s there and we became bored. I still had a good time as allot of the beginners were asking myself and the other PS questions and we could help them out. Plus as a bonus I got to meet the eBay.ca staff and was interviewed by CBC Radio. Did get some freebies as well. Nothing like eBay Live though.

Don
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

catseye*
Community Member
But aren't there two levels? beginners and advanced?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Yeah I heard the same thing , But if a lot of Canadian Power Sellers come and share idea's about packing . And other idea's , we need to express to Ebay.ca that a lot of powersellers are coming . That we want to be involved in the meeetings . Maybe we can stand up and say a few words to others . Also I want to Go , just to express my thoughts to Canada Post . I have a huge bone to pick with them
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

firedept10
Community Member
Sorry your-chic-shopper but eBay is not going to change for us PS's. Yes there are two classes. But in the advanced class there was only five of us (out of over 100) with over 50 feedback. Allot of people in the advanced class should not have been there but who am I to really say. No put down at all as it was good for them but for us PS's it was way behind us already. Most of it was about Turbo Lister and how to use as well how to navigate around eBay. They did a good job but I am way beyond that. They catered to the new sellers. But I still did have a good time. You can make your own decision, besides you get to go for free as a PS.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

moira@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi everyone,

I agree that the Advanced course in Edmonton and Calgary were brought down to a lower level for the low feedback majority in the audience. Other cities have not been like that really, though it is not designed for the PowerSeller level. It is more intermediate than eBay Live!

I think the real benefit to PowerSellers is the networking opportunity. It also gives you a chance to meet some of the eBay staff.

We plan to come to Vancouver and Victoria in late October this year. We decided to cover as much of Canada as possible first before going to Toronto and Southwestern Ontario. I will let you know if there are any sessions being booked for Ontario in the future.

I will post some more information about the BC sessions of On The Road as it comes available.

Regards,
Moira
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Canadian Road trip

firedept10
Community Member
Thanks Moira,

See I told you I had a good time, but I could only speak of Edmonton. Yes it was good in the fact the I could be informative for the new people trying to sell. Maybe if it had been on a weekend more PS would have been there. I would have liked to meet some more. As it was, the only other PS there I personally knew. But what was cool was I had actually sold to him. I would have also enjoyed learning something myself. I am a great place to imput knowledge. Thanks Moira and it was a real pleasure meeting you and the others.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply