Canadian Tire Money

pcs670
Community Member

I resently inherited about 1000 pieces of older Canadian Tire Money.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a good website OR an easy way to look them all up to see what they are and what they're worth? Some seem very similar to other ones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I just sell them by the page full OR separate them all into 5, 10, 25, etc...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some I have found here on ebay and they do seem like they are worth my time to go through them all, (some are in mint condition)  but looking them up will be a job and a half......... Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canadian Tire Money

oskye
Community Member

Google Canadian Tire Money Collectors, or something similar.  I found two different clubs right off the bat - one for CTC Collectors, one for CT Coupon Collectors.

And the google search will turn up different relevant eBay listings too!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Canadian Tire Money

Lots of it for sale on ebay

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Canadian Tire Money

oskye
Community Member

Google Canadian Tire Money Collectors, or something similar.  I found two different clubs right off the bat - one for CTC Collectors, one for CT Coupon Collectors.

And the google search will turn up different relevant eBay listings too!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Canadian Tire Money

If there is a coin shop or show in your area, it could be worthwhile having a dealer (not a collector) give you an appraisal.

Ask for an "estate" appraisal, which is written and based on the value of the collection at public auction. Plan to pay for the appraisal.

Most of what you have is common. Because that is what "common" means. And while CTC money is collected, it is not a big specialty. I have seen one printed catalogue, but it was put together by a collector and had no prices. It was also printed about a decade ago. Ask at your public library, they may have it.

You could also ask the dealer for a cash offer. It will be lower than the "estate" value. There is a third basis for appraisal which is insurance value and that is higher than either of the other two.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply