Canadian shipping costs showing as not specified on all ebay sites.

bcwet
Community Member

I called ebay support today to address why on all sites no matter what currency canadians list in our shipping fee do not show in search lists. We all show up as shipping not specified which puts our listings at the bottom of the search. They could see the problem told me they would speak to  their it dept. and get back to me. still awaiting a reply.........

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I am having the same problem.Hope this is fixed soon.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I checked a few of your listings on eBay.com (USA) and they appeared fine with shipping charge clearly specified.

However, when checking the listing 161188032919 on eBay.uk the listing showed:

"Postage to: Canada, United States"

I suspect the problem is with the listing itself, not having specified :

1) Shipping to the UK

2) Offering a service to the UK with a shipping charge.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No they mean on the search result page.  Looks like all the canadian ones with calculated shipping.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Sorry Pierre wrong again, I said in seach lists not when you click in my individual listings.  Customer service just got back to me they said this has been an ongoing problem for months and the agent said she could trace it back as far as last august. She said she couldn't get any straight answers but this was a serious problem she could see when doing searches that Canadian shipping fees do not show up except as shipping not specified. Which puts every US seller above us if they ship to Canada no matter how expensive when searching in price plus shipping lowest first.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

"I said in seach lists not when you click in my individual listings.  "

I understand but the problem I found was within the listing itself.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Obviously I don't sell all items internationally now that canadapost took away our insurance on small packets. This is a huge concern because even in Canadian searches on calculated shipping we all show up as shipping not specified which as I mentioned previously puts us at the bottom in search results. I would urge all Canadian sellers having the same problem to call and complain 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I have also been having problems with this for quite a while.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Obviously I don't sell all items internationally now that canadapost took away our insurance on small packets.

That's extremely narrow minded! When there was insurance how many claims did you make?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

As the rep said, this has been on an ongoing problem. They have been complaining about it on the U.S. boards for a while but I just noticed recently on .ca. But...that could be because the majority of my listings use flat rate shipping, not calculated shipping.

Pierre, if you view my listings and then click on the sports, memorabilia category, you'll notice that on the search page, a number of my listings are showing as shipping not calculated. Those ones have calculated shipping for Canada.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I have the same problem since december 18th. I called a lot of time and try to chat with &*?*(?&* ebay and i received a email from ebay that my account was affect fo a bug.. and suppose to repair that in 1 week.. now it's 3 weeks and the problem not fix...

I changed my listing program (blackthorne to sixbit), i change the shipping carrier (canada post to ups) and i changed my 1700 items with all preset to flat rate... but i have a lot of problem with the international because the rate is very different with ups between each country!!!

If somebody have a solution please let me know!! 

If a lot of people is affected with that maybe can we do a class action against ebay!! we lost a lot of money with this bug now!

Fred

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Ok so because we sell on .ca we dont have carts and no one from the state or uk etc... Can buy multiple items as it prompts them to pay with PayPal or the item is not purchased. So now we cant multipack purchases as well as all our items showing up as shipping not specified when you list with calculated shipping. Ive been selling on here for a decade things have never been so bad for Canadian sellers. No answers or help from customer support. 

Whats a Seller to do???????

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@bcwet wrote:

Ok so because we sell on .ca we dont have carts and no one from the state or uk etc... Can buy multiple items as it prompts them to pay with PayPal or the item is not purchased. So now we cant multipack purchases as well as all our items showing up as shipping not specified when you list with calculated shipping. Ive been selling on here for a decade things have never been so bad for Canadian sellers. No answers or help from customer support. 

Whats a Seller to do???????

As mentioned, the shipping not specified problem happens on .com to Americans too so don't take it as personal.

Also, anyone shopping from a site that does have a cart...for example .com...can use the cart regardless if the sellers site has a cart or not. However, I don't understand why they would decide to set up immediate payment required for some categories on non cart sites. But there isn't a whole lot that the reps here can do about it since.com seems to make much of the rules.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I dont know when it started but Canadian items on .com .uk no longer can be added to shopping carts so no more combined orders for me also in my category cosmetics all us sellers shipping costs show up in searches on .com and .ca but not Canadian sellers if using calculated shipping.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@bcwet wrote:

I dont know when it started but Canadian items on .com .uk no longer can be added to shopping carts so no more combined orders for me also in my category cosmetics all us sellers shipping costs show up in searches on .com and .ca but not Canadian sellers if using calculated shipping.

Although it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the shipping not specified issue, I was wrong and you are absolutely right that items listed on .ca cannot be added to carts on at least 2 sites....com and .co.uk (those are the only ones that I checked). In fact, it looks as if an item listed on .com can only be added to a cart on .com...not on the uk site and that an item listed on the uk site can not be added to a cart on .com. All in all...it looks as if ebay in general has really goofed up when to comes to the carts.

I do have a suggestion for your listings as far as the shipping not specified goes. It looks like most or all of your listings use light packet or small packet usa and international so you can change from calculated to flat rate shipping. Both of those shipping categories are just one price anywhere in the U.S. so you would not be out any shipping fees. By using a flat rate for the USA, you would also have to use a flat rate for other countries. Light packet international is the same price everywhere although small packet does vary. In the case of small packet items, you could figure out where the majority of your items are sold and the cost to ship there and then add a small amount so that you make a bit of profit to offset the higher shipping costs for when you have to send an item to a more expensive shipping location. In other words..try to average out the shipping price. Its not ideal but at least then your buyers would see your shipping price in the search view rather than having to click on your listing.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Thank you PJ

Message 16 of 16
latest reply