Capital Image

mirtech
Community Member
Hello,

I've been contacted by a company named Capital Image. They are claiming they have a contract with EBAY to do a survey and some public relations with Powersellers.

I was wondering if anyone else got this email and if it is true.

Thank you everyone!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Capital Image

treasure-pot
Community Member
Not here... I wouldn't be surprised though as eBay certainly needs to spend some money to try to repair it's tarnished image.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Capital Image

orbitdrop.ont_01
Community Member
I haven't received anything like that either... sorry.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Capital Image

alero0
Community Member
I received an email similar to yours but I can't remember if that was the name of the company. It looked authentic and they had my full name, but I just replied without clicking on any links that I will only partake in their survey if they contact me through ebays message service. I'm not going to take any chances with possible scammers.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Capital Image

When I get approached via email to complete a survey I always respond by saying that I would be happy to participate and then end my response with when can I expect to be paid.

That usually is quite successful at stopping further emails from that company.

Oh and forgot to mention, HP actually sent me a CAD$50 e-voucher that I can use on their online store after I completed a quite lengthy survey - mind you after I read the fine terms it did mention that they would be sending the e-vouchers as a thank you to all who completed the survey - but it goes to show you some companies will pay for the information.

If everyone asked to be paid then the research industry would be forced into paying people for their information, afterall they make millions.

FTL
Message 5 of 5
latest reply