Changing shipping price while auction is taking place?

eelric92
Community Member

I posted an item for auction yesterday with a shipping cost. I realized that today the shipping cost is a little more expensive than I originally listed. The auction has 5 more days left and 1 bidder. Can I change the shipping price? And do you think it will affect my feedback rating? I did state in my item description that the shipping prices were NOT FINAL. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

leb17
Community Member

Hi... what you need to do is cancel the bids on your listing first, then end your listing, then relist your item with the correct shipping amount.

Read the link below on how to do:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/questions/endlist-now.html

Since there was no sale of the item, then there will not be any feedback at all.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Can't change terms , other than lower a reserve, once bids are placed. Is it significant enough to lose a sale?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you get more bidders will the price rise enough to cover the extra shipping cost?  That's a big IF of course.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Stating that shipping costs in your listing are not final is irrelevant. If a listing ends with a winning bidder, all that that winner is required to pay is what's quoted in your shipping details section. The only way to change your shipping costs is the listing cancelation method mentioned by Leb17.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'eelric',

What you can and cannot change in a listing always depends on if the listing has bids or not and how much time is left on the auction.  For future reference, you might like to have a look at the following link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

Message 6 of 6
latest reply