Clarification Required on New Listing Fees...

The following is from the General Annoucements for March 2010...

New eBay fee options in effect today:

New Store subscription rates: Starting today, sellers with an eBay Store subscription are getting the new fees associated with their subscription:
Fixed Price Insertion Fees as low as 3¢ with full search exposure
New low rates for Auction-style listings
Free pictures
If you list 50 items or more per month, the new Store subscription packages most likely give you the lowest overall fees.

New standard fees: Starting today, all other sellers are getting the new standard fees:
No Insertion Fees for Auction-style listings with a start price under $1 (up to 100 listings per month)-pay only if your item sells
New low Insertion Fees with start prices of $1 or more
One easy 9% Auction-style Final Value Fee
50¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, with Fixed Price Final Value fees similar to what they have been until today.
Standard fees are ideal if you sell occasionally.

My understanding is if you upgrade your eBay Store subscription, you get a break on the listing fees in the BIN format, as low as 3 cents per listing and new low rates for Auction-style listings.

The new Standard Fees for Auction-Style listing with a start price of under $1.00 (up to 100 listings per month) - pay only if your item sells.

Well, I tried setting an Auction-style listing at just 99 cents, and it does not provide me with a Free Listing Fee, but rather charges me 10 cents for the listing. I thought it is because I list in US Dollars, and the 99 cents once converted to Canadian, puts me over the $1.00 limit, but that is not the case, as I tried setting up an Auction-style listing for 59 cents and it still charges me the 10 cents for the listing...??

I upgraded my eBay Store Subscription last month, does that have anything to do with it?

Are the 100 free Auction-style listings starting at under $1 just for those people with the standard eBay Store subscription as opposed to the Premium upgade?

What the heck am I missing here??

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Just caught this line item under the Subscription Fees for eBay Stores heading in the March 2010 Announcement...

*eBay Stores sellers are not eligible for the 100 free insertion fees on single-quantity auction-style listings.

Not sure how to interpret the above statement. Because I am trying to list an item in my eBay Store as an Auction-style listing, it won't let me get the free 100 listings??

Why bother having an eBay Store, if it does't provide you with the same benefits anyone else would get without an eBay Store? I know the BIN listing fees are reduced with a Premium eBay Store subscritpion, but in turn they charge you $49.95 per month, and then won't let you list the firs 100 Auction-style listings for free? Where is the benefit in that?

Also, now that I have updated my eBay Store to the Premium level, will all of my BIN listings automatically renew at the reduced price of just 5 cents per listing?

Thanks.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

bighillbargains1
Community Member
The 100 free listings are for NON-Store Owners only. If you want to take advantage of that you could set up a 2nd ID and list your Auctions under that new ID which will not have a Store subscription.
The question is, is it worth it? How many 99 cents listings do you intend to list? Do you want to sell your items for 99 cents? In my experience 99 cents listings work well for highly sought after items.

All your BIN listings will automatically renew at 5 cents.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Not sure how to interpret the above statement. Because I am trying to list an item in my eBay Store as an Auction-style listing, it won't let me get the free 100 listings??

Correct. You don't get the 100 free auction listings but you do pay less fvf on auctions than a non store owner would. Plus, as you said, your listing fees for FP is less and with over 200 listings, you are saving more than than the cost of the premium store.

Apparently it is possible for a store owner to get the 100 free auction listings on an account that doesn't have a store. Plus, you can put a link to your store in that listing. I haven't done this but I've heard that it is being done and that is is allowed.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Now I understand, thanks to all who replied.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply