Combining Shipping to one buyer and avoiding the fees/item shipped

I want to combine shipping for a buyer of multiple items, but I understand that ebay fees are also based on total including shipping. The shipping amount for each item will not be accurate because I will be putting the items in one parcel from multiple sales to the same person. How to I let ebay know about the difference in actual shipping charges so that I wont be charged so much?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will be charged Actual shipping amount so if they buy and you combine shipping and send adjusted invoice that is the amount you will be charged on

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You will be charged Actual shipping amount so if they buy and you combine shipping and send adjusted invoice that is the amount you will be charged on

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

And if you use Free Shipping for your first Domestic shipping service, you won't be charged anything on any of your S&H.

But remember that Free Shipping really means "shipping cost included in asking price." so adjust your international shipping to reflect that.

Item value $5+ Actual cost of shipping in Canada $5= $10 asking price and Free Shipping -- no Shipping FVF

$10 asking price with actual cost of shipping of $10  to USA  = $10asking price and $5 shipping.- No Shipping FVF

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

And if you use Free Shipping for your first Domestic shipping service, you won't be charged anything on any of your S&H.

Well you won't be charged anything extra but...since your shipping price is already in your selling price, you are still paying a fvf on shipping.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Good point. When ebay takes their cut on a sale and on shipping is their % on shipping the same as their % on the sale? If it's the same wouldn't the end result be the same?
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

So the percentage ebay takes on the sale of the item is the same as the % they take on shipping? So it makes no difference either way then?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@kelleymcguire wrote:
So the percentage ebay takes on the sale of the item is the same as the % they take on shipping? So it makes no difference either way then?

Yes, the percentage is the same. As far as your fees are concerned, it makes no difference whether you have the shipping price hidden in the item or have it as a separate charge. But I'm not sure what you are asking about when you say it makes no difference.

You are charged fvf on the shipping amount that the buyer originally pays. If they pay for the two items separately and pay $20 for shipping and then you refund the buyer $5, you are charged fees on the original amount..$20. But if you send a combined invoice to the buyer before they pay so that they only pay $15...then your fees are based on $15. In the first situation, you can probably phone ebay and ask them to credit the extra fees that you paid but I'm not sure how easily they do that. If it takes a long time to explain it to them..it might not be worth your time.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@kelleymcguire wrote:

Makes a difference only if you qualify as a Top-rated seller. The top-rated seller fee discount given by eBay is calculated on FVF only. No discount for the shipping percentage.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply