Coming Soon - Canada Post Shipping Discounts for PowerSellers

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Greetings PowerSellers

Earlier this week, we sent out the first Canadian PowerSellers Newsletter. I hope you received your copy in your email account. If you did not, be sure to set your preferences to "y" in my eBay for promotional messages.

In this newsletter, we pre-announced shipping discounts for PowerSellers from Canada Post. These discounts are for both domestic and international shipping services.
More details to come next week!

We are working hard to bring extra benefits to PowerSellers that will directly help your businesses. Please feel free to keep suggestions coming and watch this board for more details on taking advantage of these discounts.

Happy Trading!
Darla
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

deltone
Community Member
This is EXCELLENT news Darla. Can't wait to hear more! THANKS
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

chrispenner
Community Member
I did not get this newletter and can't find what you are talking about in "promotional messages" can you expand as to the shipping discounts here? thanks!

Kathleen
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Knowing as much as I do About Canada Post , do not hold your breath on this discount . 10 to 15% is nothing and not the best rate Ebay can do for us as Canadian's ...read on

To give you an idea .

I had over 100 people using the same contract # with Canada Post . This is allowed threw Canada Post and is called sistering up to a mother account

The savings were huge up to 25 to 35% off the counter rate for all 100 customers . Both Internationally & Domestic

So reflect on this ....If the discount is a just 10 to 15% it's peanuts and really ,will be pennies on each dollar.

If the Canada ebay PINKS are listening ,

I as a small business can get level 4, accross Canada and Level 3 to America. That's just my small business at 35% off the counter rate for Canada and 25% too America

What I proposed was many powersellers get together and get the best rate possible. This was what I was able to come up with in 2 weeks with Canada Post

So Ebay Canada Pinks
Emailing me a letter telling me you are working hard too get a 10 to 15% discount from Canada Post . Maybe you might want to email me? I can show you how you can give Canadian Power Sellers huge savings and not Pennies on the dollar from Canada Post
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

cmagor-ctvi
Community Member
chrispenner:

In My eBay, go to the Preferences tab and click on "Change my notification preferences".

After you sign in, go to the Legal and Other Emails section and make sure that "eBay Email" is checked.

Chris.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I must be a HUGE dork!! I had never even known about discounts until I saw so on this board. I pay full pop. I did apply for a venture card but still haven't heard back. Now, MOST of my items are small items to the US. Will a discount be applied to such mailings, or is it reserved for expedited, and within Canada? THANKS
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
deltone,

You should be able to get a temporary Venture card from your Canada Post outlet. Just ask them.

your-chic-shopper,

I will be interested to see Darla's response to your proposal. But 10-15% is better than what I am getting now.

Don
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

chrispenner
Community Member
cmagor-ctvi
Thanks so much I finally found the link and ticked it off so I will get the newsletters, do you think I will get this past newsletter or have to wait for the next one?
thanks!
Kathleen
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
Canada Post says they won't give me a discount on Expedited USA unless I only use the VCD/Thier software program. Who uses this? Can I still drop the parcels off at the local post office? The rep told me that the Expedited USA commercial is actually more expensive than the regular expedited USA. That doesn't seem right.

Ryan
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I find it all so confusing! LOL I tried looking on the CP site but I find that some of what they have on their assumes you know something about their features, but truthfully, I know next to nothing about any of it. sigh
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
brcyclesalvage : give me your reps Phone # ...email me Let me talk to them . CP can not require you to use the VCD program to get the discount .
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I'll call them again on Monday. I ship about 75-150 parcels a week, about 75% are Expedited USA (eww a fancy name for surface mail) so I'm sure that puts me in line for some type of discount.

Ryan
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All,

Thank you for all your feedback. It is very important as we continue to bring better benefits to you all the time.

As mentioned above, more information on these discounts will be announced later this week. Please note that Canada Post will provide even higher discounts for Gold, Platinum and Titanium PowerSellers. You are correct in understanding that these discounts will be through their online service. Again more details to follow.

In the future, we will continue to negotiate on your behalf and welcome any input and ideas to put together programs which make sense for your business.

Kind Regards,
Darla
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Pinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CP's online service has hidden brokerage fee's in it

You can get Level 3 use the online service and save about 20 cents

CP has a huge flaw in it's online service . 90% of the packages shipped threw CP are under the vlaue of 200.00 Canadian . Under the 1995 NAFTA , items under the value of $200.00 Dollars are not to have any brokerage fee's

This is not the case with CP

You ship an item From Vancouver to CA 1kg , the online service with level 3 will change 11.21

However if you Ship with the writen Manifest 1kg from Vancouver to CA with level 1 thye charge 9.21

Canada Post will tell you the cost is more for clearing the item . However it's still more and bit's into the profit
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I just checked my Expedited USA sheet. The counter rate is only $9.25 for that same parcel from BC to California. Great savings!
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Thanks ~~~~However the VCD desktop program would show the same parcel being 11.21 around..And that level three discount

The sheet you state is not the Desktop program . The Desktop program has hidden brokerage fee's in it for customs Clearance CP says. However the difference in the price is huge

However the (sheet) price , once shipped goes threw CP Customs CP wearhouse .

The most important thing to remember is 80% of the product shipped down to American Generally would not need a broker or a broker fee involved

Basically if you use the online VCD program , Canada Post is dinging you extra fee's . That really should not be charged in the first place

Todd
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
If you were referring to my email, the price I quoted was for manifested shipping. I was just pointing out that there was only a 4 cent difference between the counter and level one discount.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply