Communication Preferences

I know how to set my communication preferences.  A while back the gremlins were in there and it would change without my knowledge and I would change them again.  This a.m. I received an email from some ebayer (didn't recognize the name) and pressed "unsubscribe" which didn't work.  When I went into Preferences again, I noticed - saw that one before, that under Saved Sellers, you cannot choose not for them to communicate - I only have the option of bi-weekly, monthly, etc.  Why?  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Your post reminded me that something I've been intending to do is find where that darned saved seller's list is and delete them.

I've been getting messages from sellers I saved over 10 years ago.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/save-sellers.html

I'm thinking that if we delete them from our lists we're good to go.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Lol, after reading this topic, I had to figure out how to get to my saved sellers. Took me a couple of minutes. I sell mainly and do not buy. But I do click on a sellers listings and may save them to my Saved Sellers list when researching items and prices.

I have several saved sellers. More than I would have thought before looking. I found the list and started looking at the sellers. Some are no longer selling, some I have no idea why I saved then, others I have saved some reasons why I saved then and they do not sell the product that I was looking at years ago. Very out of date. So some housekeeping needed on my Saved Sellers lists.

I also need to go through my browser bookmarks. Now that is a mess despite me organizing them into folders with a theme more or less. I was going through the Canada Post bookmarks and most are dead since CP reorganized their web site a couple of times in the past 5 years resulting in dead links. I had saved some forum topics also to my bookmarks and many of them are dead links too.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

At the top of the saved sellers list there is a box that you can click on to edit sellers preferences. Click on the seller first and then on that box. If you don't want any emails from them make sure that the boxes for Top Picks and Store Newsletter are not checked off.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

pjcdn2005  Thanks, I started doing that and saw that no boxes were checked to receive communications, so I'm not sure why I get them.  Don't want to completely get rid of all Saved Sellers.....although I should go through again as many are charging SO much more in shipping than when I bought from them just 2 years ago.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply