Copying of my text and picture

monbeaukevin
Community Member
Hello, is there a way of having faster support with Ebay when submitting a funny guy who copy and paste my text and uses my pictures of my auctions, this is unfair business and unlawfull, I am only bronze powerseller but I met the criterias so next month I will be silver and have the phone support, I need help, 3 times Ebay cancelled his auctions, but he relisted them, since this is fixed price items I am loosing sales and I want this seller wit 0 seller feedback and 17 total feedback to be susppended how can I get help
you can contact me at monbeaukevin@charron.qc.ca
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

barriemetals
Community Member
You can try contacting eBay's Trust and Safety Division. if you call for phone support ask to be transferred to Trust and Safety they will tell you what steps you need to take. I doubt that anything will be done quickly but it seems to be the only way to get something done since it is up to ebay to suspend. They probably just give him warnings which he promptly ignores. If all else fails you can e-mail all his buyers giving him a bad rap and exposing the fraudulent listings thus eliminating return customers. Thats just an idea though I'd stick with Trust and Safety. Good Luck.

Barrie Metals

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If he has zero seller feedback then the stolen text and images must not be working for him.....

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
Just keep reporting him.

That's what the rest of us do.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

melodygraham
Community Member
You can always Photo Shop your e bay user I.D into your picture.

I don't but I never had that problem.... yet.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
I wish someone would copy my pictures.... isn't impersonation the highest form of flattery? (just kidding).

Jeff
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
Hi!
if it can help, here is a script you can add to at least protect your listings from the easy right click copy on your descriptions:

------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------
I know it doesnt not protect from everything but thats a good start! and its short!

Hope it will help someone!

Stephan Bedard
CAN-Import
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
oups.... cant see the code ahahahahahahaha

Hope it will be complete! if you got any problem, let me know!

Stephan Bedard
CAN-Import

Message 8 of 8
latest reply