Couple simple questions about Paypal shipping...

Question 1: Can I stop receiving the emails that tell me that I've created a label? It's not much, I know, but it is kind of annoying getting them so often.

Question 2: Whenever I print a label, it always prints just a little more than what fits on 1 page, resulting in a 2nd page being used for barely 1 line. Can I adjust the size at all so it fits on 1 page?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

1. I always checked the PayPal email to make sure the mail address is the same as I got in PayPal shipping. I also look to see if there is a buyer note with instructions.

2. Check your browser printer page setup to make sure you have Headers & Footers turned off or set to blank. Make sure you set your margins to 0.5 inch. You will need to check this every month or so because it seems to get set back to browser defaults or changed sometimes on its own. By updates to your browser or by printing from other web sites.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

1 - not you can't stop them from coming, besides you should same them in the listing file to prove that you indeed create a label.

2. - before you hit the print button, go into your preferences and set the printer from portrait to landscape this will make it smaller andturn it sideways - they are too darn big anyway. You can save this setting on your printer so you don't have to do it every time.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Question 2: Whenever I print a label, it always prints just a little more than what fits on 1 page, resulting in a 2nd page being used for barely 1 line. Can I adjust the size at all so it fits on 1 page?

Good, it's not just me having this problem. sounds like "they" did something.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Yes, and this just started happening a few months ago, along with all the other messes with Paypal labels.  Up until then, the labels worked perfectly, every time.  

I'm so sick of having to find fixes for things that should have been designed to work properly in the first place.  Yechh. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Yes, and this just started happening a few months ago, along with all the other messes with Paypal labels.  Up until then, the labels worked perfectly, every time.  

I'm so sick of having to find fixes for things that should have been designed to work properly in the first place.  Yechh. 

Have you checked your margins as mentioned in my post? Just curious if it helps.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@th3_3b4y_g3n1u5 wrote:

Question 1: Can I stop receiving the emails that tell me that I've created a label? It's not much, I know, but it is kind of annoying getting them so often.

I agree with the other posters here -- you should save those emails, they could be important if you ever have an issue over whether you created a label or not. 

As for having them pile up in your inbox, most email programmes have a feature that allows you to "route" specified emails to a particular folder.  Create a folder called "Paypal labels" (or whatever you want to call it), then use your email programme's user options to specify that you want to put any incoming email with the subject "You've created a label" -- or whatever Paypal's confirmation emails say -- into the separate folder.  You usually don't need the entire subject line, but just enough to specifically capture similar emails. 

That way, you can file them all in one place automatically as they arrive, and check them at your leisure.  I usually check my folder from time to time anyway to make sure nothing else accidentally got routed into that "box, but usually it works very well.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I totally forgot about setting rules for emails, that will help so much! Thank you for the suggestion!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

For printing, under your printer preference you should be able to set it to print page 1 only. That's what I do to only price page 1 (and you don't need that small chopped off bits on page 2 anyway)

Message 9 of 9
latest reply