DSR down again ( not to mention eBay 's screw) I just HAVE TO Retaliate

dagr8_renaud
Community Member
eBay has been misleading customers to think that 4 stars means you are happy with the sale.
Then penalizes the seller who is not above 4.6 Stars

here is what a '3stars' rating in shipping cost means and I quote :

Neither Unreasonable nor Reasonable

One person would think that 1 '3stars' rating is like a neutral in fact do the math it takes 4 '5stars' rating for every single '3stars' rating to keep an EXACT average of 4.6 , how neutral is that ?

In reality '3stars' rating means 'Slightly unreasonable'

Renaud
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

tea_past_times
Community Member
Does it ever make you wish you had boycotted the site in February, before they made the changes?? If everyone who NOW understands how badly we've been screwed, had understood it then, we could have stopped it before it began. Now Ebay will only reverse the terrible direction it took the site, one change at a time, grudgingly, so as to preserve their corporate pride. First they are eliminating the neutral is a negative fiasco, maybe eventually, Dsr's will be gone. Look for that when the stock price gets down to around $12-$15 per share, probably by January 09, I'd guess.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
And before Pierre says that is not possible, consider how many would have believed the stock would drop from $40 to $23 in the last 10 months!!

How could a company who seems bent on destroying the livelihood of their once loyal customer base expect any other result.

Would McDonald's change the pickles in their burgers to broccoli??

What if the greeters at Walmart told you to get lost, instead of saying Hello?

What if Tim Horton's changed their coffee to instant, instead of brewed.

Those seem like foolish business decisions for a big company to make and yet, that is exactly what Ebay has done by angering the very people that pay for their paycheques, US!!
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
You CANNOT XXXX all over your customers and expect to still have a business. At Ebay live, many people told the company they were wrong, and they responded by cancelling Ebay live next year. Might as well have put a bucket on their heads and screamed, NA NA NA I can't hear you, I guess. Same effect in the end.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Hang in their DAGR8, there is some buzz in the other chats, that the new boy wonder has only until the Christmas season is done, to show improvement or he may be shown the door. Which hopefully will be followed by a return to sanity.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Might as well have put a bucket on their heads and screamed, NA NA NA I can't hear you, I guess.

I LOVE THIS STATEMENT!!!!

I hate DSR's, especially right now! One of my buyers who is also a seller screwed me royally twice last month. I blocked her, today she left me 30 neutrals for blocking her. Because she doesn't leave feed back for weeks after she receives her items so she was able to screw me over. Her feed back is not accurate for the transactions.

I know I will not get any help from Ebay about this. I have no idea what to do to overcome this.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/announce.shtml .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Oh come on tea, a little thing like a 50% drop in valuation of the company isn't going to phase pierre, it's only 1.5 billion of their market cap.....

And for the record, it's Whitmans doing by buying up other companies and spending every last cent plus huge debt to actually do it. The new guy is stuggling to fix it... but don't worry, John McCain thinks Meg Whitman is the smartest CEO the world has ever seen, so when he appoints her to a cabinet position, she can finish bankrupting the US where Shrub left off.....

As these things usualy go, the fixit guy has 12-18 months or he's gone and it's not uncomon to go through 3 of them... that's like 5 years... They desperately need to increase the revenue so those deals with buy.com etc are expected to provide a steady revenue stream and stop the immediate bleeding. None of the companies they gobbled up are going to generate much revenue if they have to start disposing a few of them, they'd be lucky to get 30 cents on the dollar for skype.

They have about 3 more quarters to fixit before things get ugly, and they will get very ugly, very fast, so don't be leaving a lot of money in your Paypal account.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

fairy

Report the neutrals to eBay, using Feedback as a retaliatory weapon is NOT allowed. If you can convince them it is abuse of feedback, they will dispose of them and penalise the other party which could very well be a suspension in this case.

But be very humble with zero emotion in your representation.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Tea,

eBay Live for 2009 was cancelled well before eBay Live 2008 even started.

There was an announcement stating that they were going to have more get togethers in smaller venues to give more eBayers the opportunity to attend.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

ampurtle - " a little thing like a 50% drop in valuation of the company isn't going to phase pierre, it's only 1.5 billion of their market cap"

I noticed many of your posts have a very anti-eBay bias. Not sure why. I wish you would do some research and get the numbers right - you are way off! eBay's market cap, like most other technology companies (Amazon, Google, Yahoo, Microsoftg, etc..) has dropped by much much more than 1.5 billion!

It may help to look at facts in context. Here is a chart comparing the fluctuations of eBay shares and the S&P 500 (largest US corporations) over the last two years. Basically, very little differences:

Stocks go up... stocks go down... and life goes on. ;-) .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Because I look at reality. 1.4 b is a drop in the bucket for MS market cap and doesn't represent anywhere near the market cap loss of eBay in absolute percentages, which is the number you should be looking at, the actual number of dollars is relative to the individaul market cap and by itself says absolutely nothing, but that's reality for you, the numbers don't lie, the people manipulting them in an attempt to represent them as something they aren't or to support a personal agenda do, then there are the deniers that just stick their heads in the sand...

Human beings are supposedly intelligent creatures because they are self aware, unfortunately most are self gratifying first and then wonder why they got screwed instead paying attention to the details.

When eBay stock hits 3.oo, chapter 11 will follow in about 90 days. If they can't get the support required, it's going to be bye bye eBay under chapter 9, so at this point it's all about how long they can string the financial markets along and stretch the limited resources. I still plan to be selling paper goods this fall, but I also know enough not to expect it will be business as usual come October 1st.

Consider this, General Motors had 11 billion dollars in cash 18 months ago... care to wager how much is left ? For the first time ever, GM is likely to seek chapter 11 within about 6 months, so don't anyone make a complete phool of themselves and suggest eBay can survive and GM can't.

As for the chart, that is a classic downward momentum, notice how it drops, takes a rest and goes up a bit and then retraces the downward slide, pushing it further each time. That is a chart that screams SELL, but most people don't pay attention and one morning they wake up and their holdings are 3.oo a share, at which point they trick themselves into believing it will go back to where they bought it, but they never do. Hitting $3.oo a share is a historical reference point, $2.50 is the historical point of no return.

A smart investor would sell now, take the loss and offset the taxes on the rest of the portfolio. I once had a president of a large corporation offer me his stock options at $1.oo a share while the stock was trading at $3.oo and ready to spiral into nothing, and I told him I would think about it because wall paper at $1.50 a square foot was a reasonable price. 2 weeks later the plug was pulled.

I noticed many of your posts have a very anti-eBay bias. Not sure why.
My posts aren't anti ebay, only a religious fanatic chanting "I am eBay, your lord and saviour, those that do not proclaim me will burn in hell" would think that...

People who can't deal with reality need to seek professional help.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Oh, and for the record, the S&P 500 does not and never has, represented the largest US corporations. S&P has a very involved selection process and the composition changes regularly to meet their specific requirements, none of which is being the largest corporation or US corporation, although I don't recall the S&P 500 ever having a company outside of Canada and the US but there may be or may have been some, but I stick to North American corporations and the odd European so I don't give any attention to other foreigns.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply