Delayed item, seller sounds fraud-y

My case is weird.

I didn't use ebay for a long while and forgot I had an account made before.
I made a transaction as "guest" and I received the transaction #, reference #, and item # via email receipt from ebay as well as confirmation from PayPal.

However the seller that stated that they are shipping from Hamilton, Ontario is actually from somewhere in China. It's been more than a month since I purchased, and about a month of no activity for tracking. Even of I consider that seller contacted me that there's delay due to back order, this is too much of a delay. this sounds like fraud to me.

But since this item was purchased as guest account, ebay thinks I never bought it. I cannot file cancellation or report the seller. Ebay Canada does not have proper contact us info (is it deliberate so they can avoid complainers and troubles?) and so I have no way of reporting the seller, canceling the purchase, or even talk to someone in ebay!
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When you used paypal to pay for this product, did the funds come from a linked bank account or your credit card? Either way, use that venue to open an Item Not Received claim. I know little to nothing about the way ebay Guest Checkout works, sorry, but paypal has a strong Buyer Protection Program that should cover this. Go back to your email from paypal and read through all the fine print on the bottom until you see a spot that says 'Problem with this transaction?' and go from there. It might be worth your while to call them too. 

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is only good for 30 days anyway. You might have needed to head to paypal for that reason alone.

I agree that you shouldn't wait any longer to get your money back. Act today, don't delay.

Good luck as you carry forward.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Cancellation is not an option, and reporting the seller does not help you with your immediate problem.  You can report this as an "Item not Received" and open a case.  Escalate it immediately, since you have already had contact with the seller.  You are still covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee as long as you contact your seller within 30 days of the latest estimated delivery date.  If you have not contacted the seller, do so immediately and then open the case in the Resolution Centre.  Guests are still covered by eBay's Buyer Protection.  From the help pages:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/buying-as-guest.html

"You can buy some items without registering as an eBay member, by using Buy It Now, and you can see your order details by following the link in your confirmation email. On the order details page you can see your purchased items, shipping status, and tracking numbers, return an item or report that you didn't receive an item."

If you still feel unsure about how to proceed, call eBay:  click on "Help & Contact" at the top or bottom of this page.  Under "find an answer" click on "Didn't Receive an Item".  Then click on the right-hand tab "Contact eBay", and again on the right "Contact Us > Call Us".  You should receive a toll-free number and a one-time passcode.  Have all your information ready - transaction #, date, etc.  Be prepared for a long call.  If you are not getting logical answers, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Call back if needed.  The call centre is in the Phillippines, not all operatives are well trained or familiar with eBay Canada.  If you're lucky, you'll get the call centre in Utah and a native English speaker to assist you - most likely on weekdays during normal business hours.

Good luck

Message 3 of 3
latest reply