Des anyone know what the HS code is for dvd's???

Des anyone know what the HS code is for dvd's?  I have to ship it to the U.S.  The Canada post chart does not make much sense.  Anyone who knows, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Following up on my initial post.  Does this sound correct?

Tariff Schedule: 8523.40.40.00 - For reproducing representations of instructions, data, sound, and image, recorded in a machine readable binary form, and capable of being manipulated or providing interactivity to a user, by means of an automatic data processing machine; proprietary format recorded discs

Nothing confusing about long winded descriptions like the above eh?  Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Put it in like that, no decimal point.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What Canada Post chart are you using?  The easiest approach is to use Canada Post's "Find an HS Code", put in the country you are shipping to, then enter the name of the item and use the "Find" function.  You will be given the 6-digit HS Code, which you use as is, leaving out the period.  No need to enter the country of origin, even though you will be prompted to do so, because you do not need any additional information.  Your only requirement is to use the first 6 digits with no periods, no spaces, on your label.   Much more straightforward than a "chart".

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I did use Canada Post's "Find an HS Code", put in the country I'm shipping to, then entered the name of the item and used the "Find" function.  The code and description I mentioned in my previous post is from the "Find an HS Code" info provided by Canada posts website.  I find their descriptions of some items technical to the point of overkill.

By the way I noticed when printing a label yesterday that not only the country of origin, but the Canadian Province of origin is also now required.  Bizarre overkill of information in my opinion.  How many manufactured items have the Province where produced on them?  How can a seller know such info?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply