Destination country different than mine (on tracking websites) -- should I worry?

daxifixi
Community Member

I ordered an item from China.  The buyer provided me with the tracking number, but wouldn't provide me with the correct website for tracking, even after I asked him several times (by the way, I paid 20 bucks for this shipping). He just told me to "be patient".  (Last year I ordered a similar item from China, and have never gotten it, so I am not a very patient person anymore.) 🙂

Anyways, I managed to track it, and, under "Destination Country" (not under Location), it says United Kingdom.  Not Canada.  That UK line's date is about 2-3 days after it had been shipped, and the tracking info became visible about 10 days after being shipped.

Should I worry about the fact that it says that the UK is a destination country?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Destination country different than mine (on tracking websites) -- should I worry?

Hello 'daxifixi',

Those so-called tracking numbers provided by sellers are not always a 'real' tracking numbers.  For those that are, once the item crosses into Canada, it will work here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

Whilst I undertand your inclination to mistrust after having lost money once before, the fact of it will not serve to speed up future shipments.  With items coming from China you do indeed need to have patience. 

However, you have that 45 days in which to file your 'Not Received' claim, so if you have not yet received it by day 40 you can contact the seller, and if a refund is not forthcoming, you will want to open your claim no later than day 43.  If you would like to see ebay's position on this:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Now strange as this will sound, there are places & people in the world where they still think Canada is a British colony.  Just a few years ago I was on a Canadian book list and the list owner was explaining to an American how Canada is a UK colony governed by the queen.  You'd think someone who runs a book list might have done a bit of reading. 🙂

I'd say not to worry about the destination country.  Even if the boots get sent to Antarctica, by day 43 you'll be filing to get back all your money.  But I'm sure that will not happen and they will be here soon.  There is nothing shockingly unusual about the seller's feedback, other than the standard complaints about sizing and poor quality.;-)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi again, 'daxifixi',

Congratulations, . . . and Deepest Sympathy. 🙂  Your item arrives at the speed of light, only it's the wrong size.  It reminds me of what Woody Allen once said about a certain restaurant, - "The food there is terrible, ... but the portions are big."

So now getting on with your dilemma, are you aware that when you return an item you need to send it back with Delivery Confirmation?  And that to send things to China this way will cost at least $40?  Using a metric tape measure and scale (the weight might already be on the box), you can get an idea what it will cost by going here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e1s1

If you do not send with Delivery Confirmation (opting for cheap-o mail instead) the seller will say the boots never arrived, - and you can't prove otherwise.  Then you will be out the initial payment and the return cost.  Have a look at Section 4 of the following link:

You can always contact the seller and point out that the size is waaay smaller than standard American sizing, and that he ought to have mentioned this in his listings.  But it's not likely he'll do anything for you.  It's one of the hazards of buying from China.  With the cost of returning items, don't spend more than you are willing to throw away.

My suggestion is this, - why not resell them on ebay?  And you can do so with what you believe is the most honest and accurate size.  Or take them to a consignment shop, - there people can try them on.  Good fitting footwear is so important in maintaining a positive disposition.:-)

I wish you luck.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

leb17
Community Member

Hi daxifixi

Item location: beijing, China, not only shipped from China was also made in China, little people with little feet (not making fun of little people but thats what mother nature has done for us, like who gets wet first when it rains, the taller people. LOL!!!

It use to be "Made in the USA" but now days I still question that one.

Well you could try reselling them on ebay and recover some or all or even more of the money, then the buyer says they are to small as well, now comes some headaches or even a negative feedback.

JMO---I would try giving them to a family member, friend, relative, or even the next door neighbour that would want them or give them to Goodwill, Salvation Army or any charitable that helps the poor people out.

Its your boat you are the captain, its your call.

Thanks for the update and most important, learn from this.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If people elected not to sell footwear for fear it might not 'fit' the buyer there would be no shoes or boots at all available on ebay.  Sizes vary around the globe but fortunately we have tape measures.  Inserting a tape measure inside the boot from toe to heel is what many sellers do to assure the customer of the inside length, in addition to an estimation of size. 

Rather than lose all the money entirely, reselling on ebay is an excellent way to recoup a bit of that with an accurate listing.  An even more 'accurate' fit will be available to someone in consignment stores which are always appreciative of brand new items, and there an item can be tried on.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

leb17
Community Member

Hi daxifixi

The thing that you need to worry about is that if you haven't received the item within 30 days from time of payment.

Reason ..it should not take more than that to get your item from any place in the world, if they can put a man (someday a women) on the moon in less than 30 days you should have received your item within the 30 days.

"IF" you have not received your item on the 43 day from time of payment then you need to file a INR (Item Not Received) claim with PP (PayPal).

Do Not...I repeat..DO NOT let your seller string you along for more than the 43 day period.

OR ...you will not have a leg to stand on to recover your money.

"IF" you funded the payment with a CC (Credit Card) then, and if no recovery from PP,  you can do a chargeback on your CC by calling the number on the back of the CC. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

daxifixi
Community Member

Thanks, Leb. 🙂  I liked your comment about the Moon thing. 🙂  It does make sense.  I normally received the items from China within a month, though, so I hope I get this one.

I was just confused about the Destination Country column; let's hope that there will be more destination countries listed in that tracking sheet...

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
It doesn't matter if the tracking number ever works, as long as you open the item not received dispute in time. Have you checked the feedback of this seller? Are there negative feedback comments that mention items never arriving?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hello 'daxifixi',

Those so-called tracking numbers provided by sellers are not always a 'real' tracking numbers.  For those that are, once the item crosses into Canada, it will work here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

Whilst I undertand your inclination to mistrust after having lost money once before, the fact of it will not serve to speed up future shipments.  With items coming from China you do indeed need to have patience. 

However, you have that 45 days in which to file your 'Not Received' claim, so if you have not yet received it by day 40 you can contact the seller, and if a refund is not forthcoming, you will want to open your claim no later than day 43.  If you would like to see ebay's position on this:

Now strange as this will sound, there are places & people in the world where they still think Canada is a British colony.  Just a few years ago I was on a Canadian book list and the list owner was explaining to an American how Canada is a UK colony governed by the queen.  You'd think someone who runs a book list might have done a bit of reading. 🙂

I'd say not to worry about the destination country.  Even if the boots get sent to Antarctica, by day 43 you'll be filing to get back all your money.  But I'm sure that will not happen and they will be here soon.  There is nothing shockingly unusual about the seller's feedback, other than the standard complaints about sizing and poor quality.;-)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

daxifixi
Community Member

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Here, I received the boots that I ordered just 20 minutes ago -- the fastest delivery from China to me ever.  And the guy sends me around 3 sizes smaller boots!  There is a detailed sizing the the order info (even in EUR, US, and UK numbers), and this is just way smaller!  I am so frustrated, because I guess I will have to pay the return shipping because of the seller's ignorant mistake, and put at least 20 bucks down the drain.  So frustrated!

I just thought I should update you and give an answer to others who might have the same question about destination country in the future: yes, it doesn't mean much and you should get your item.  What you will get -- that's another story!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

daxifixi
Community Member

Re my previous post: "I received the boots that I ordered just 20 minutes ago'.

Correction: 20 minutes ago, I received the boots that I ordered on Sep 17.  Just to clarify. 😉

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi again, 'daxifixi',

Congratulations, . . . and Deepest Sympathy. 🙂  Your item arrives at the speed of light, only it's the wrong size.  It reminds me of what Woody Allen once said about a certain restaurant, - "The food there is terrible, ... but the portions are big."

So now getting on with your dilemma, are you aware that when you return an item you need to send it back with Delivery Confirmation?  And that to send things to China this way will cost at least $40?  Using a metric tape measure and scale (the weight might already be on the box), you can get an idea what it will cost by going here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/personal/findARate?execution=e1s1

If you do not send with Delivery Confirmation (opting for cheap-o mail instead) the seller will say the boots never arrived, - and you can't prove otherwise.  Then you will be out the initial payment and the return cost.  Have a look at Section 4 of the following link:

You can always contact the seller and point out that the size is waaay smaller than standard American sizing, and that he ought to have mentioned this in his listings.  But it's not likely he'll do anything for you.  It's one of the hazards of buying from China.  With the cost of returning items, don't spend more than you are willing to throw away.

My suggestion is this, - why not resell them on ebay?  And you can do so with what you believe is the most honest and accurate size.  Or take them to a consignment shop, - there people can try them on.  Good fitting footwear is so important in maintaining a positive disposition.:-)

I wish you luck.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

leb17
Community Member

Hi daxifixi

Item location: beijing, China, not only shipped from China was also made in China, little people with little feet (not making fun of little people but thats what mother nature has done for us, like who gets wet first when it rains, the taller people. LOL!!!

It use to be "Made in the USA" but now days I still question that one.

Well you could try reselling them on ebay and recover some or all or even more of the money, then the buyer says they are to small as well, now comes some headaches or even a negative feedback.

JMO---I would try giving them to a family member, friend, relative, or even the next door neighbour that would want them or give them to Goodwill, Salvation Army or any charitable that helps the poor people out.

Its your boat you are the captain, its your call.

Thanks for the update and most important, learn from this.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If people elected not to sell footwear for fear it might not 'fit' the buyer there would be no shoes or boots at all available on ebay.  Sizes vary around the globe but fortunately we have tape measures.  Inserting a tape measure inside the boot from toe to heel is what many sellers do to assure the customer of the inside length, in addition to an estimation of size. 

Rather than lose all the money entirely, reselling on ebay is an excellent way to recoup a bit of that with an accurate listing.  An even more 'accurate' fit will be available to someone in consignment stores which are always appreciative of brand new items, and there an item can be tried on.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply