Detailed Seller Rating Reports

faerywishes
Community Member
I know this can be a hot topic but I am curious! I am not asking for feed back on how you are feeling DSR's or Feed Back is unfair. I am curious about the reports only.

I had noticed on my DSR's stats page a link for "See Your Reports". I don't remember seeing this before; however, I don't normally go to Seller Dashboard but wanted to know how many items I had sold to see how close I was to keeping my Silver PS.

So I clicked on the link and made a few reports. These I found kind of helpful as it shows what buyers aren't completely satisfied. However, when I made a report from March 20th to now I had 49 ratings and it showed the ratings for Domestic & International. My ratings showed 5's for all the Categories for both. I have created another today and have 50 ratings and again it is showing all 5's for all the Categories for both. Now while I would like to think that I'm that good but I'm sure that it is not calculating properly.

Does it not calculate properly until the 30 days is up?

Does anyone know if this is a glitch?

Does anyone know how long we have had this feature?

Does anyone find these reports helpful?

Or like most of us we don't go and look that often so it doesn't really matter?

If this is correct, doesn't this allow us then to see what buyers are leaving very low DSR's? That is if we want to create a report every time we get feedback.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this issue.?:|

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone
Colleen
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Does it not calculate properly until the 30 days is up?

You pick the time period, you can only go back 90 days, reports are accurate up to the current date as long as you have a minimum of 10 ratings in the period.

Does anyone know if this is a glitch?

Perhaps but I doubt it

Does anyone know how long we have had this feature?

Officially about 2 weeks (it was briefly available about a month ago during testing).

Does anyone find these reports helpful?

Yes and of course No!

Or like most of us we don't go and look that often so it doesn't really matter?

Some obsess and some don't!

If this is correct, doesn't this allow us then to see what buyers are leaving very low DSR's? That is if we want to create a report every time we get feedback

It's possible with creative use of the reports to more accurately identify who left what. Personally I think it's a waste of time to even try. Knowing who left what doesn't really tell you why and like all statistical analysis it's identifying general trends which is important.

The sellers who can really use it to their advantage are those that sell high value items where FVF discounts represent a substantial amount. For these sellers, especially if they sell in multiple categories, they might discover that one of their lesser profitable lines is responsible for bringing their ratings down and costing them higher discounts.

One of the first thing many sellers did was compare feedback between domestic and International or country against country. It's been interesting, a number of sellers who assumed they were getting lower ratings from International buyers were surprised to find the opposite was true. Some seller who always felt International buyers gave them lower ratings have had this confirmed (or in other words they found out what they already knew!).

Overall I would say that many/most sellers are ridiculously overly concerned with their DSRs. There are plenty of examples of sellers giving up a large portion of their sales and profits in an attempt to obtain a relatively small additional discount. There are also lots of sellers who chase after high numbers strictly as an ego stroke when there is actually almost no effect at all on their bottom line.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Thanks for responding recped 🙂

I was kind of shocked when I created some reports and most of the time US buyers rated higher than Canadian buyers. And it was nice to see a small margin of all buyers (about 10%) rated 4's.

I only had 1 buyer from France give 1, 2 or 3 depending on which one she was rating. And to find that info was a bit time consuming as there were less than 10 ratings for France. But for International buyers it was there. So it took a bit of creative reports to locate that country. The funny thing is that she always received her packages within about 5-6 days and I only charged her actual shipping. But then again I could have sent it Letter Mail which I am not willing to take the chance it may take too long. Also I found it funny she rated 3 for communication because I answered every email as well as sending the automated ones. But alas I did not reply in French so maybe that was the issue.

All in all though it was informative but not something I will be doing a lot of unless my DSR's drop drastically. I long ago quit obsessing over my stats as what I am doing seems to be working. I have managed to take advantage of the fixed pricing on several items. But I have never gone to check to see what I have earned...lol. I had originally gone in for to see if I would retain my Silver PS and I was happy to see I had more than met that and it wasn't even the 10th yet.

Have a Wonderful Week Everyone!!
Colleen
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I was kind of shocked when I created some reports and most of the time US buyers rated higher than Canadian buyers.

Can't say I was shocked but I noticed the same thing, DSRs from Canadians are a bit lower for me as well. Of course the sample size is much smaller since only about 2 - 3% of my sales are within Canada.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply