Did you know Epiphone dots are only worth $420-$479?

Find one on Ebay that is worth that amount and you are doing good.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What is an Epihone dot?

What do you mean by 'worth"?

Retail? Wholesale? Used? New In Box? Autographed? Autographed by Stephen Hawking? At auction?

Are you offering them for sale at that price? (Which is a no-no -- just list them like any other seller.)

How much if I buy a dozen? Does the price include shipping? Import charges?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

An Epiphone dot is a "value" version of a Gibson ES-335.  It is still nice to own though.  It is the most classic of semi-hollow body electric Spanish guitars.   I owned one and enjoyed it until it fell off its support and broke.  It plays well but it just isn't a Gibson. By worth I mean what the market value for a new one on Ebay should be.  That is $420-$480 (Canadian dollars) or so plus shipping for a single guitar.  However there is a black with white pick guard "Royale" version that is worth another $50 or so. I am not selling them.  I am just a user helping other users not overpay.  Of course if it is used it is worth less and if it is autographed it is worth more and it becomes dependent on wear or uniqueness of the particular Dot.  In these cases the price becomes subjective.  I have no idea what it costs to buy a dozen of them.  I don't know why you would want a dozen Epiphone Dots.

Is that sufficient?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I looked up the guitar in question in Search. There was one autographed by Bo Diddley priced well above the range you gave. And now I have an earworm (pah pah pah pah papa! pah pah pah pah).

I think what you wanted to do was write a Review of the product.

This is a member to member board usually with questions about transactions and arguments about Canadian politics.

It does help if you tell your reader what the product you are reviewing is and what it does. A brand name is not where you start.

The basic rule of journalism is Who Where Why When What How.  Any story or review should clearly answer those questions.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply