Did you sign up for the PowerSeller's Challenge?

hhind_design
Community Member
Did you sign up for the powerseller's challenge thingy?

I did and was shocked at the number they came up with for my target.

I knew it would be unobtainable from the get go. I don't even know how they came up with that total.

Even with all the aggressive marketing and huge sales I did I won't be able to reach it.

It's disappointing to know I probably won't even reach the half-way point by the end of the challenge.

So have you gotten close or is your scenario like mine?

blue logo
I am the guardian of my children and their future. It is for this reason that I scrapbook.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

whoscloset
Community Member
I just passed the halfway point for mine....and I'm no longer listing til after the holidays.

Monique

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

So have you gotten close or is your scenario like mine?

Pretty much like yours! My target was crazy high, not a chance in hell I would ever get there especially at this time of year.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
i never even applied, but tell me something...why the h*ll does EBAY offer these meaningless promotions that are sooo hard to achieve for such a 'slap in the face' reward at the end??????? do they not realize its such an insult to us sellers? do they not realize how it makes us think about how THEY think about us?? tired...tired...tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kat
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

My Target was $4800... Not quite sure of the accuracy on where they got their numbers. That being said, I thought I had surpassed it. After some checking, I found store sales were not included. So unless I sell just about everything closing this evening, I'm going to be short by about $800. I found this 5 cent listing with free picture promo very successful anyway.

All the best and Merry Christmas!

Andrew
from Paradise, Newfoundland!
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I didn't even bother to apply. Since most of my sales this month have come from my Store I would never have reached it anyway (even if it did include store sales).
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

After some checking, I found store sales were not included.

I thought for sure I read this but now I can't find it.??? HMMM.
Any insight?

Andrew
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

LOL. I just went through the rules a little closer. Store items semm to be included so it seems I may make it after all.... I should get 1.5% of the difference between my target and my actual sales. I will be lucky to get $5.:_|
WOW!

Andrew
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Bad english and to many posts.. sorry.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I've heard that Ebay is giving out a few more items to try and make up for this farce of a challenge with no reward. If you didn't reach your target you may still qualify for:

1)Teats for your bull
2)A case of dehydrated water
3)A Box of California Air
4)A promise from Brian Mulrooney
5)That singing burger from the Wendy's commercial(Makin Love.... Outta Nothing at all...)
6)A Powerseller Certificate(Self Downdloaded)
7)Box of Ketchup packets from Mc D's
8)Tour of Hamilton Harbour
9)Ebay Lingerie(Buy it now pattern.)
10)Rubber Shoesies(That one is for you KAT)
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

mcmdinc
Community Member
I can't get my numbers to jive (excessively outrageous target) vs actual sales. i.e. I achieved my sales target although the PSC website shows I am 1K short... go figure!

Bottom line, the whopping cheque for all of $5 is not going to be worth the effort I put into my business this holiday season.

On a positive contest note, FedEx had two contests for shipping into the US this fall/winter season. So far I have won $60 in Tim Hortons GC, $50 in FedEx shipping GC, one 7.1 Megapixel Digital camera, $100 in free shipping...

Guess who gets my vote for driving supplier loyalty (effortlessly I might add)...LOL

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

do they not realize its such an insult to us sellers?

An insult? that's a bit strong, it's just a marketing plan to stimulate listing.

Bottom line, the whopping cheque for all of $5 is not going to be worth the effort I put into my business this holiday season.

Presumably all that effort netted some good profits?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
@ tea

I just can't help myself....occasionally he is amusing.

Monique

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

hhind_design
Community Member
Truly? Store listings don't count?

Than I have absolutely NO IDEA how they calculated my total as the bulk of my sales are from my store, NOT auction listings.....

What a useless promotion....

blue logo
I am the guardian of my children and their future. It is for this reason that I scrapbook.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Truly? Store listings don't count?

They are included... My mistake.

Andrew
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
An insult? that's a bit strong, it's just a marketing plan to stimulate listing

a bit strong? are you kidding me? for a company that has grown in astronomical amounts since its beginning, has made record breaking revenues, makes more money beyond anyone's imagination, and i'm supposed to work my butt off for a possible 5-40.00 cheque??? why don't they give their sellers a REAL bonus to fight even harder for? i wonder what the big ebay powers gave themselves for a christmas bonus this year...5-40.00? yup, i'm sure...

...sorry, but in my opinion, this 'marketing' ploy to raise THEIR revenues up by sellers working harder is a joke...give us something of substance to work for, and i'll work for it...
Kat
Message 16 of 16
latest reply