Didn't recieve package/package lost. What do I do?

So I bought this "tales of xillia, tales of xillia 2 and tales of symphonia collector's edition" package for $517 CAD (Plus Shipping). So on May 10th, It said "Delivered" and the tracking number said the package was in my city. So I assumed it was going to take a few days until they deliver it. A week later still no package. I waited another week still no package. I started to get worried. I called the post office and asked about my package and they told me to contact the seller to start an investigation. So I contacted the seller and waited another week. No response whatsoever. So I let negative feedback and filed a dispute and lost. (within minutes). So I called ebay support and they told me to file a complaint at ic3.gov and call back when I file the complaint. During this time I was having Health problems. So I couldn't do the ic3.gov site until I felt better. I finally filed a complaint at the ic3.gov site and called ebay back and they told me it was too late because 30 Days is up. They told me to call Paypal and try to get a refund from them. I called Paypal and they made me wait 10 days to try to get me a refund. 10 days later I lost the dispute because the seller provided tracking information.

What am I supposed to do now? How are you supposed to fight back when the Tracking Number says "Delivered" What are you supposed to do? Can't ebay at least help me find my package. It could be lost at the post office or a neighbor stole it.

I lost the tracking number because it was cancelled but I have the item number.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121970984945?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It could be lost at the post office or a neighbor stole it.

The seller does not have your item.

EBay and Paypal have proof that the item was delivered.

Neither has any further responsibility.

And the quote above gives your next steps.

Go in person to your local Post Office (not postal outlet) and speak with the postmaster. Not a counter clerk. You may even have to make an appointment.

Work fast, Canada Post is planning on locking out all its employees on Friday.

Show the information you have.

BTW, is the tracking number on your Paypal account somewhere?

If you have been in POLITE contact with the seller ask her politely for the tracking number and for a physical description of the package. (For example, does she use recycled boxes? USPS branded boxes? Polyenvelopes? ) This will help the postal workers in their physical search for the package.

The postmaster may know if there have been similar reports in your neighbourhood. You may want to ask how to contact the postal inspectors.

Go to the local police station and lay a theft report.

Give as much information as you can. Get a police report number.

Contact the credit card you back your Paypal account with. This is the third line of protection and a lot of buyers don't understand how helpful it is. (In a normal transaction, it allow you to buy today and pay at your leisure. And your payments are truly instant.)

Make a claim on your household/tenant's insurance.

What is the item? I thought it might be a book, but now I understand it is some sort of computer game. If it is a game, make up a flyer and circulate it to all the pawn shops you can find. Include the police report number in the flyer.

Pawnbrokers are usually required to keep the names and addresses of their customers, both those pawning and those selling goods, because all too often they are used by thieves to fence their goods. Most pawnbrokers do NOT want that kind of trouble. Seriously. (But there are a few, and the local cops know which ones.)

It might also be useful to contact the central operator of the game. (Obviously I know nothing about RPGs that I didn't learn from watching the webseries The Guild.) Is it possible to put a notice out to other players about the possible theft?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

i have the tracking number but its the USPS tracking number I lost the Canada Post tracking Number. I tried contacting the seller but they ignored me. I tried giving them negative feedback there's no way they'll reply to me now. I posted a link to the package, as you can see it's an extremely large package. I'll go to the post office today.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The post office is not going to be very helpful, especially if the tracking show it was delivered.  The seller has to initiate the claim.  I might be wrong here, but I believe since your item was shipped through the eBay global shipping program, it could be eBay's responsibility as in this case it is eBay who is the last to handle the shipment after the seller sends it to their hub.  They are the ones who collect the money for custom clearance and duty as well.  It is possible that the seller never replied to you because they didn't feel that it was their job to follow up with lost package and that it would be eBay not him. 

I would assume that when we pay the high shipping rates through the eBay global program, it would cover insurance on the item, and if you call eBay and explain your concern to them (I know, eBay customer service is useless most of the time, but hopefully you end up with a person who actually cares), maybe they can still initiate an investigation and Canada post will end up paying for the lost package. 

As a seller, I have had a number of customers with the same problem as you, and I was able to put a claim through and get refunded for the customer, as Canada post makes mistakes sometimes and deliver the package to the wrong address.  IT DOES HAPPEN.

Good luck and I hope your difficult situation would have a good ending 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Well first off it depends how much thevalue of the item is.Over $400 and a signature as well as a tracking number is required.Oh and how can a neighbour accesss your mail.It has to be directly delivered to the person it is addressed .You can file an insurance claim.You can also file a claim for non receipt with paypal.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Actually the amount is C$850.  The package is marked as being delivered so insurance is unlikely to pay plus, the sender has to file...not the receiver.  The buyer has already filed and lost the PayPal claim.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply